• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Questions

I'm hoping for a bypass, was told no driving for at least 3 weeks, could be long as i'm gonna have open surgery. A figure of 4 weeks off work was mentioned but its all down to recovery of the individual i guess. I'm a secretary so as a rule don't do manual labour and to be honest if i dont feel up to doing any shifting/carrying of shedloads of records i'll darn well say so....

I started my job 2 weeks ago and told my manager the first week about my potential operation, i was going to use any annual leave i had for this year for my recuperation but HR said i can't. Sick Leave can't technically be booked in advance and i'm not to worry as i'll get full pay! So that's me sorted now. Just need a yes from the man from Del Monte now!

Originally Posted by rosejohnson
Hi people, I have a few questions, if any of you have any answers I would love to hear them!

When you had surgery, how long did you take off work?
Only had bypass a week ago but prob looking at 4-6 weeks due to nature of work (I manage a childrens home with difficult challenging teenagers)
Who did you tell?

Everyone i trusted

How did you feel aftwerwards?

Did'nt have any pain first week post op on liquids only has been quite difficult mentally

Did you have any negative reactions?
Not negative as such just genuine worry/fear from my mum and best friend OH really calm in these situations xx
Thanks so much for your answers.

Rx

Back