• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Questions

Peridot27

Hello

I have questions for anyone able to help please:
  • Can you never eat “normally” again? Not in a bad way, but dinner out on a special occasion, that sort of thing
  • Can you never drink with food again? I’m happy to do without wine for a period, and to just have one glass but I’ve taken loads of wine exams! (NB I only drink on one night a week in moderation and on special occasions)
  • Can you never have any sparkling water or champagne ever again?
Thank you to anyone who helps out with answers.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
  • Can you never eat “normally” again? Not in a bad way, but dinner out on a special occasion, that sort of thing
Yes of course you can. Depending which op you have, the amount will vary but after the initial post op phases of liquids, soft foods etc, you will gradually introduce normal foods. Just much smaller portions of it.
  • Can you never drink with food again? I’m happy to do without wine for a period, and to just have one glass but I’ve taken loads of wine exams! (NB I only drink on one night a week in moderation and on special occasions)
This advice varies from best to avoid until you've lost the weight you want to, to in moderation at so many weeks out.

As you're no doubt aware alcohol contains a lot of calories and sugar, both of which could slow down your losses.

Also, alcohol may affect you adversely post ok, ie you may get drunk much quicker or it just might not agree with you.

Finally and most importantly you will 'probably' again, advice varies, be advised not to drink half an hour before and half an hour after food. That's any drink, if you think about pouring liquid onto a full restricted stomach, it can either push the food down or back up!
  • Can you never have any sparkling water or champagne ever again?
Again, advice will vary but it's usually a case of avoiding bubbles.

Hope that helps!