• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Quick introduction

rushhooked

Hi, I'm Suki.

I've been overweight for as long as I remember and have had disordered eating as a teen. After years of diets (including 2 times at Lipotrim) and exercising on and off with my weight yo-yoing between 75kg and 125kg (normally in the higher range of that) I have decided that enough is enough. I'm turning 30 in a few weeks and am planning on starting a family in the next few years - I need to get serious. I was debating doing Lipotrim again and I know I can lose a lot of weight quickly - but then a year or so I could be the same or even more again. Plus, I feel unfitter now than I have done before even when I've been at the same weight.

I realised I needed proper help so went to my Drs at the start of the year who referred me to the Aintree LOSS Tier 3 programme. The wait was over 4 months but I thankfully got a cancellation and my first appointment was yesterday with the nurse and doctor (and then the dietician had a no-show whilst I was there so I got her too!). Because my BMI is over 50 I can be referred in 6 months - just need to keep on and be sensible about it. Got my physio on the 28th Feb and then everyone again in April.

It feels like a long time to get here and I know there's a wait and challenges ahead of me but I am really looking forward to the journey.

Welcome! Use the time it takes to prepare yourself as much as possible for life after surgery - although my details show I had private surgery, I went through the NHS process before being cleared for the NHS waitlist, but I decided to have the surgery done in August 2016, rather than waiting until approx. April 2017 on the NHS.

The process with the NHS was invaluable and although it might seem like a long wait it helped me be much better prepared and more confident it was the right thing for me. I learned a lot in a short space of time!

Good luck in your journey!

Thanks both.

6 months is actually less time than I thought it would be so going to use this time as best I can!

Hello, welcome and good luck :)

Hi and welcome, it sound as if things are moving very quickly for you, I have found the support, advice and encouragement on this forum invaluable and I'm sure you will too, good luck with your journey, I do so wish I was as close as that to my surgery but I'm sure time will fly by (if I'm accepted) cannot believe we are into February already

Back