• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from notts

vicky_notts

Hi guys. I'm vicky from Mansfield notts and I'm soon to be 32. I've struggled with my weight for all my life. 5 years ago I lost 8.5 stone on lipotrim a total food replacement diet...but it's all come back on and much more! I currently have a BMi of 54. I've been thinking of visiting the doctor for many months now and I'm booking a appointment tomorrow for next week to speak to them about getting referred. Really nervous now I'm doing it. Keep thinking what do I tell them,I don't want to say wrong thing etc...

Any advise? X

Welcome to the Forum Vicky,

Don't be nervous hun be firm with them that's my advice
Good Luck

Kaz
x

If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to help if I can. Best advice I can give to you for your gp appt, is to be completely honest with them. Don't hide anything good luck x

Thanks guys. I did go to the docs nearly 2 years ago with a pain in the foot. They said it was weight and did offer to book me in for a appointment to speak to a weight loss adviser about diets and maybe starting Orlistat. I said I would think about it but I started reading horror stories about it so never phoned to book a appointment. I'm hoping they don't see that as me not being serious. X

Do you have any co morbs like high bp, diabetes, sleep apnoea? If not they may want you to try a weight management course before referring you.

Not that I know have but then I've never been tested. Regarding sleep I do sometime struggle with sleeping. Sometimes I feel it's as if I've stopped breathing during my sleep. And I've just looked at morning symptoms and I do have headaches in the morning and tiredness, depression and I often need to drink during the night. But I've never been to the doctor about it.

It may be worth asking to be tested for sleep apnoea at your appt. if you have it, they usually refer you straight away to the hospital.

Hi Vicky, I'm Jude from Mansfield to, I'm currently waiting to hear if I've been successful with funding. My Bmi is 57. Hope all goes well at the gp's for you xx

Thanks. Which docs are you at. I've moved from Ravenshead so I think ill get told to find a new doctor close to mans wood house x

Hi and welcome xx

Hi & welcome Vicky

I have no advice about having WLS on the NHS hun but good luck with your G.P.
Honesty is the best policy, and of course a wee bit extra just for good measure :p
Karen x

Jude what did you say when you first asked. Did they make you do other options first? X

Yes had to see a dietician at Kingsmill for 6 months then it took around 5 months to get referred I then had to do another 3 months maintaining or losing under bariatrics x

I'm not holding my breath with them to be honest.... Been in touch with a old friend who's at the same docs. She was turned down as she was very overweight but still healthy with it. I'm sure her bmi would have been more than mine too. I've no diagnosed health problems. Yes I get painful feet and clicky knees but so would anyone carrying 21 stone :0( could cry!

I'm not holding my breath with them to be honest.... Been in touch with a old friend who's at the same docs. She was turned down as she was very overweight but still healthy with it. I'm sure her bmi would have been more than mine too. I've no diagnosed health problems. Yes I get painful feet and clicky knees but so would anyone carrying 21 stone :0( could cry!

You just have to be firm with them. let them know you know it is not a easy way out . I wish I had just got it all over with the first time I asked. I have nothing wrong with me either only weight related back and coxes and knee pain. The guide lines say over 40 Bmi with no co- morbidities so they should hear you out. I would love to go private and at one point I nearly did ( nearly had the cash unfortunately things change). Would it be worth staying with your old doctor? I think the fact I've been with them so long helped x

Thanks I will try my best. Come home from work tonight and my knees hurt and feet are swelled :0( I can't carry on like this xx

Back