• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Second fill today

Return to Slender is a recipie book written by a bypasser and Carol, the author would be the first person to confirm its an informative guide only.

Caroles website also has the following advice:

"Post-op gastric bypass, sleeve and band patients always need to eat protein at every meal and to focus on eating this element of the dish first"

Ive no doubt you were told it was ok to eat pasta I just find it odd that you were! Until Chopster posted this thread I had not heard of any banders being advised it was ok to eat it.

I just think its not a good choice for a bander to eat (based on my providers advice and loads and loads of research). A meal based on pasta or indeed rice is far too carb heavy. We are trying to re educate ourselves and shift the weight afterall not continue to eat what we did before but in smaller portions. Carbs like pasta and white rice break down quickly during digestion and turn to sugar, not good :confused:

Oh well I lost all the weight I wanted to the way I was advised to eat - protein, veg and limit carbs. I had very few stalls and have never been sick. On occasion since my last fill (not before and I'm over 2 years out) food has stuck but thats because I ate it too quickly!

I am passionate about helping my fellow banders and I wish you all well but I wont be commenting further on this subject (you might be pleased to hear) :D

Sorry to hijack your thread Chopster, but I really do think this is very important and Mazza please do not stop giving out advice because it is very helpful even if people do not want to accept what is being said - and that is not aimed at anyone before I get jumped on.

Any wls is about making a choice - and that is a lifestyle choice. The band, bypass, sleeve, DS etc are all tools to assist - they alone unless you are very, very lucky will not do the job. It is about you and making those decisions about what passes your lips! It is not helpful to people with bands that there is so much conflicting advice out there and the providers, be they NHS or private do not seem to agree on anything such as when people have fills, how much goes in, the pre and post op diets etc. It is a complete minefield.

Everyone is different and we are all going to do things our own way, but any success is going to be dependent on making sure you get in as much protein as you can tolerate - trying to reduce carbs getting in some veg and exercise. With the right restriction with the band it really helps in reducing the amount you can eat - as I have found out since my last fill and if you make the right choices of food you are not going to feel hungry and will stay full for longer.

We are all in this together to coin a phrase and the sharing of our different experiences all help. Clearly there are no right or wrong answers but highlighting the difffernces in terms of the guidance we have been given helps in gainig a greater understanding. Will get off my:soapbox: and get back to work;)!

tranquil x

Back