• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ramsey Hospital West Midlands - HELP!!!!

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
I got my letter through for my appt. next month at the Rasmey Hospital in west mids. but the thing is im going to get public transport up as my husband cant get away till 1pm. Procedure is at 3pm so i was going to have my balloon done and then he'd pick me up.

We live in Kent but i have NO idea how im getting there with public transport...

PLEASE help!:cry:

rang them up and told to get the train to cradley heath....

train planner says it will take 3 and half hours total trip plus 4 changes..... arrgh!

A long trip, but at least you will get taken home with hubby. Can I ask why you chose somewhere so far from home? (Being nosy lol)

cos im demented! haha

no there are only 2 places in the UK doing the Spatz Balloon (adjustable gastric balloon) this place and wales....and being from Kent im screwed!!

probably will get a cab from new street....as hubby says i will have to walk to the other station in birm that takes u to cradely heath...i see a very hungry me very lost!

I sympathise totally with your travel dilema - I'm from near Norwich and am under Luton & Dunstable Hospital. I go by National Express coach and it takes me approx 5 hours each way !!

Couldn't hublet take you? Have a day or two hols perhaps because you might be a bit stressed on the day.

Lynne x

Yes it would be nice if hubby could take the day off and take you ;-) I wouldn't want to do all that on my own (but then I am a spoiled wuss !) And I moaned about a 70 mile round trip yesterday - but it could of been worse, we were looking at Tauton I am so gratefull they have started bypasses in Cornwall now.

I take my hat of to you both, angela and beans. Love your name too , and good luck with the op too. trisha

thanks guys!

hublet (haha love that name!) cant tk me as he is a dentist and is doing a ortho course ...there are important big wigs coming down on tues to look at how he is getting on in hospital....they will bugger off by 1pm. so he will come straight up

healthier weight company can only offer me this date or wait till may...so thought sod it...i rang them and so far just me on the lost for the afternoon which means i prob first and procedure start at 4pm.... done in 20minutes... so do hope he is there on the other side or i might have to dry heave/be sick all over him on the way home on purpose!

Spatz should make me lose about 5.5 stones (could u imagine!!) anyways even 4 stones be good and id be 'normal' again....then to stay on straight and narrow (keep the 5k bill next to me at all times!)..haha this reminds me of the 'people expect too much from gastric surgery' report that was posted earlier!!

Maybe that is it, keeping the bill pinned to your chest! Wont quite work for us NHs peeps, but maybe we should have a eternally grateful placard pinned there instead. I don't blame you for going for the earlier date, a bit of travelling isn't the end of the world, and as you say you can maybe take your revenge on hubby on the way home !!

Not heard of spatz so going off now to my friend google.

Maybe that is it, keeping the bill pinned to your chest! Wont quite work for us NHs peeps, but maybe we should have a eternally grateful placard pinned there instead. I don't blame you for going for the earlier date, a bit of travelling isn't the end of the world, and as you say you can maybe take your revenge on hubby on the way home !!

Not heard of spatz so going off now to my friend google.

haha....defo need to have the bill pinned up plus a list of all the shops i can finally shop in instead of just evans and simplybe on the net!

hubby will try to milk the whole having to drive up and back...but reading how ppl feel after the procedure i reckon i might win this round! he got wednesday off and then will bug my mum to help out (as kids are on hols!!)....i really should have waited till may i guess but i want to get it done tomorrow if could!

Hiya, which train station do you need to get the Cradley Heath train from? Is it Snow Hill or Moor St? Both are not so far from New St and would probably cost £4 or such in a taxi, otherwise your probably closer to £30 in a taxi to Cradley Heath, you can jump in the cab right outside New St, i have to say though that signposting in Birmingham is great and people will tell you where the stations are xxx

Back