• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ready meals

JO28172

I know I shouldn't but I'm a working girl who has to rely on ready meals! Just wondered if people could add their recommendations to this thread based on nutrional content and fab taste. Just had a WW curry n rice...it was foul!! :(

JO28172 said:
I know I shouldn't but I'm a working girl who has to rely on ready meals! Just wondered if people could add their recommendations to this thread based on nutrional content and fab taste. Just had a WW curry n rice...it was foul!! :(

Was it the chicken tikka??? I found that one minging and binned it, but the ww beef hotpot chicken hotpot shep pie oven pie tomato chicken n wedges are decent. Have u looked at the tesco light choices or sainsburys be good to yourself or other supermarket healthy ranges xx

try and avoid tesco light as they are higher fat content then the standard tesco ones birds eye meals are lively if yoy haveany ready meal with add a little water 2 tsp to the rice and mash potato it makes all the difference

I like ww hotpot too...this was just chicken curry n rice(frozen). I stopped third of way in as refused to waste my cals on it!!

Ee a didn't know that about tesco light choices, how rude of them

The lemon and chicken rive is minging too xx

I know it sounds a bit weird but I sometimes buy the 'Little Dishes' range which are actually aimed at children. I've seen them in Waitrose and Tesco. As they are aimed at kids they've got no added salt, artificial ingredients & stuff and the serving size is smaller than say a WW meal. Although some can be a little bland (the chicken korma one for example) some, such as the fish pie, can be quite nice. I normally serve them up with some extra veg on the side. On average the Little Dishes meals have around 200 cals in them and most of them are less than 5% fat. My hubbie says to me "are you having one of your kiddie meals tonight?" Lol x

picked up a good tip from my dietician who said as we know a lot of low fat food is high in sugar and to spot them avoid "low fat" look for light or diet foods (I think!)
As for ready meals I check the traffic lights - Did treat myself to a Marks & Spencer Roast Lamb in Mint Gravy meal for one which was VERY bariatric friendly Low in calorie and the portion size was spot on included new pots and carrotts!

Im with Marks foods too!

I like prets tricolour tuna salad and marks too

Hi Jo

I dont know if Wendy has given you the 'butterfly plan' yet but it gives you some good guidelines. What it does say though is to AVOID ready meals over 350 cals - plus rice, pasta, noodle or bread dishes which can absorb a lot of water and result in overfilling. Not nice :(

If you havent got it already ask for it at your next appointment - following it really works xx

I really like the WW salmon and broccoli mornay :D

I bought 4 ready meals in marks yesterday. 2 of them are from the stay fuller longer range and will dome for two meals each. The other ones are not labelled as diet/low fat ranges but they are actually low fat. Tonight I'm having the Roast Beef Meal. It's 200grams- has lots of beef, three small roast potatoes (OMG!!) and carrots and gravy. The pack has 160 cals, is 3% sugar and 3% fat. Their is 17.8 grams of protein in it! Yesterday I had stewed beef and that was 180 cals. I'm having the roast dinner now and it's lovely. Just stopped for a break as it's a big dinner for me lol !!

Ooo thx all and Mazza will ask Wendy in couple of weeks when I go for my fill...seems a trip to m&s could be in order!! x

wow am off to m and s tomorrow, will get some of them ready, do you have them on the soft stage x

such a learning curve, roll on me op :D lol

Much too much and not soft enough for me on the soft stage Bex. I'm 14 weeks out and the small ones are still a big challenge !

Thanks hun, sound lush though for when im ready x

JO28172 said:
Ooo thx all and Mazza will ask Wendy in couple of weeks when I go for my fill...seems a trip to m&s could be in order!! x

Hi. It's on the web site in the patient area section. You should have got the pass words through in your pack. X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

lol WW food is yuck. Innocent (the brand who do the smoothies) do ready little meals now and apparently each on counts as 3 of your 5 a day :)

Macy moo moo said:
Hi. It's on the web site in the patient area section. You should have got the pass words through in your pack. X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Yes I've got them...thanks Macy mm!!

Back