• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

really frightened ....

Tonibones10

Im Finally Getting There!
So I have to have my mri and mrv scans today, I'm so scared not about the scans but about the size of the machines, what if I break them or don't fit or something omg I'm so scared I could cry! I know I'm probably not going to get my replys till after there done as its 3am (thats if Anyone replies at all Haha) but I just wondered if anyone was up to talk too? :( Xx,

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Last edited:
So I have to have my mri and mrv scans today, I'm so scared not about the scans but about the size of the machines, what if I break them or don't fit or something omg I'm so scared I could cry! I know I'm probably not going to get my replys till after there done as its 3am (thats if Anyone replies at all Haha) but I just wondered if anyone was up to talk too? :( Xx,

Hi Toni
I know its easy to say dont worry, just try not to - I think if they thought there would be a problem getting you on the machine they would already have an idea and a contingency as back up. I think that the machine sizes are an issue fo ppl that are like needing a whinch to get them out of the bed etc as their mobility is also affected - if that makes any sense! xxxxxxxxxx

Don't forget, it'll just be your head going in the machine for the MRI, not all of you. They have big people in all the time and should be able to tell beforehand if there will be a problem. Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thank you, I'm just scared cos if they say I'm too big I will burst into tears, I'm so fed up :( Xx

good luck today Toni :) xxx

Sweetheart, believe me you are one of the smaller people they get in hospitals. The equipment caters for everyone one and the staff would never say you are too big for the scanner. You're going to be fine Lovely. I will be thinking of you as will everyone else here.

Love Kate x

I worked in Imaging for 5 years and know you will be fine! Good luck lovely lady xxx

MRI scans are claustrophobic but you'll get through; they usually give you some lovely music to listen to to distract you, so just try and relax and it will be over before you know it. HUGS xxx

You will be fine sweetie, will keep you in our prayers, let us know how you get on - bigger people than us need scans - and if the nurses are rude you just put them in their place ! xxx

Thank you all so much, I know its stupid to be this scared .... I will let you all no how they go ..: there in 3 hours xxx

Thinking of you today hunni xx

Hun i was the same and didn't fit the machine so went through the CT scanner which is sooooo much better, not closed in so they will get you done.
(((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))).
Few hours it will be over and they can start you treatment, think of a place you love to sit and go to that place, forget where you are for the short time you are there, i do ths at the dentist.

flowerofshona said:
Hun i was the same and didn't fit the machine so went through the CT scanner which is sooooo much better, not closed in so they will get you done.
(((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))).
Few hours it will be over and they can start you treatment, think of a place you love to sit and go to that place, forget where you are for the short time you are there, i do ths at the dentist.

Im frightened of the confrontation of them saying that I'm too big for the machines I just know i am and I just hate being reminded of that, Im fine with noise and am not colostrophobic I just get so upset when confronted .... I know it will be fine I just over think things if I have time to think about them and I have had all bloody weekend with it playing on my mind Haha :S al be fine! :) just want ma head to stop hurting!!! Xx

You'll be fine.

I've had loads of MRI & CT scans.

Good luck

Nanny Og said:
You'll be fine.

I've had loads of MRI & CT scans.

Good luck

Thanks hun, your all gonna hate me soon cos al be the same with the next stage Haha, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was refused a scan because of my weight - so I understand your fear. I was mortified (and it was my birthday too!) from your photo you don't look as big as me though - so you will probably be fine!
It is just another reason to have the surgery - there are so many things bigger people miss out on, and it is scandalous that decent health care is one of those things!

Good luck.

Back