• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really worried hardly any weight loss????

kirstyjade

I'm 12 days post op sleeve and I'm really worried this isn't going to work for me! For the 1st week I was only on water and only lost 6lb in total then I went onto purée getting about 350 calories a day and iv only lost 4lb .... I'm over 27 stone and feel I should be losing more than this when I'm hardly having any calories and I'm worried that when I go onto to normal food and increase my calories to the recommended 1200 calories a day that I'm not going to lose anything at all!! I lost more on the pre op diet which was 800 calories a day I lost over 2 stone on that ....have I gone through all this for nothing!!!

Kar8858

A few pounds a week is pretty normal and things go in fits and starts..your body has had major trauma! Don't work it will come off. Put it like this, 2lbs a week is 8lbs a month..that's almost 100lbs in a year. Don't panic about calories..eat sensibly and just follow the rules

Loving the Loop

Just think when did you last lost 10lbs in 2 weeks, and know its not going to go straight back on. Slow and steady Kirsty.

weegie

We all lose at different rates, surgery or not. I am a slow loser and it can drive you round the twist if you let it bit it is far too early for you to judge tbh so stick to the rules and give yourself a break. I know it is human nature to compare yourself to others but this is your journey not theirs. Once you are a little further out your will be able to get more exercise and help change your metabolism for the better. Hang in there.

los in it

I agree with the others weight loss is such a personal thing I lost loads in the early weeks and months but in the last few weeks it's really slowed down even stopped for a week or two! But judging by what you say it is coming off,just not quick enough for you!
Give it time don't keep jumping on the scales it will drive you bonkers and just keep on doing what your doing and it will all work out in the end

pinkcere

I agree with everything said. I just want to add that you should talk to your team and ask them if they think it is normal, this might help you to feel better about it. One thing that helps is drinking enough water, the fat toxin's comes off with urine so make sure you are drinking enough and this will help keep your insides clean (I still can't drink more than a litre a day :( ) as for the calories I wouldn't worry for now. But like I said talk to your team first.

niccie

I'm 17 days post opp sleeve, eating 850 ish calories a day, 60g protein. It's important you eat enough I think, you don't want your body going into starvation mode x

kirstyjade

So upset!!! I'm 3 weeks post op today and iv gained 3 pounds!!! How is this possible? I'm only just starting mash foods today I'm so scared this isn't going to work for me I can't stop crying

ladilindy

I had a 2lbs gain a couple of weeks out, it is nothing to panic about...your body has been through major surgery and needs time to heal. It can be something as simple as needing a bowel movement or a bit of fluid retention. Keep following your diet plan and you will get results. I average about a 3lbs loss and am now almost 5st down post surgery.

Don't beat yourself up and if you have concerns contact your team

Lynn x

violetangel

I gained 8 pounds the first week post op. I felt gutted but then I've lost weight at a decent rate ever since. My team said it was all if the swelling and my body adjusting to the shock of be surgery and the shock of having so little to eat.

You will get there believe me xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

kirstyjade

I weighed this morning the 3lb has gone plus another 1lb ....my body is so weird! Definatly putting the scales away for a few weeks now

violetangel

I weighed this morning the 3lb has gone plus another 1lb ....my body is so weird! Definatly putting the scales away for a few weeks now

That's excellent x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery