• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stall at 3 weeks!!! Really?????!!!!

nikki f

I cannot believe that I have stalled this early on. I have not lost anything for 10 days and I don't know why or what to do about it.
I'm on purée stage so can hardly up my calories please can anyone with more experience give me any advice????

ditto i am 3 weeks on tuesday post op and i lost 6 pound first week nothing last week and so far nothing this week either! i dont know whats going on lol and today i have had a sickly day everything i have ate has made me feel really sickly. xxx

As the old saying goes don't panic mr mannering, don't panic.
We all stall its our bodies waking up & realising were eating a lot less than its used to, so instead of dropping our weight it clings on to every last ounce until it realises the new regime is the new norm & gives up & burns rather than clings onto our stored fat.
This can happen at various points as we shrink & sometimes upping our liquid & food intake as well as our activity levels kick starts things again.
However we should also be aware that whilst the scales may not be moving our shape may well still be changing, if you took your measurements pre-op check them & you may find that bits of you have shrunk even if our eyes & mind haven't registered those subtle changes.
The main thing is not to be downhearted its part of our roller coaster ride, step away from the scales for a few days & take a deep breath then relax it will all fall into place . Check with your team if you're really worried but I think you'll find they will agree with me & any others who comment. Don't let the scales become a new obsession its something we all have to be wary of.

I lost for 2 weeks, stalled for 2 weeks, lost for 2 weeks and have stalled again. I know I'm going to have to accept my 'weight loss pattern' but do find if frustrating x

I lost seventeen pounds from pre op on 20th to a week after surgery on 24th. Since then so like the whole of april ive lost absolutely nothing. Cry. Xxx

I cannot believe that I have stalled this early on. I have not lost anything for 10 days and I don't know why or what to do about it.
I'm on purée stage so can hardly up my calories please can anyone with more experience give me any advice????

Hi nikki it sounds mad but it could be you're not eating enough & your body has gone into "starvation" mode! Make sure you're drinking enough fluids & eating protein rich puréed foods (supplemented by protein shakes if you're not able to eat).
Don't panic though 21 months out & in my 1st 6 months I went from weeks where I'd lose 9lb to weeks where I'd lose nowt!
Don't get disheartened, this is a lifelong change & it's easy to slip into a race to lose... my team told me the weight loss will continue until you're 18-24 months out so you've got aaaaaaaages to go yet!!!
Stay positive :) xx

As the old saying goes don't panic mr mannering, don't panic.
We all stall its our bodies waking up & realising were eating a lot less than its used to, so instead of dropping our weight it clings on to every last ounce until it realises the new regime is the new norm & gives up & burns rather than clings onto our stored fat.
This can happen at various points as we shrink & sometimes upping our liquid & food intake as well as our activity levels kick starts things again.
However we should also be aware that whilst the scales may not be moving our shape may well still be changing, if you took your measurements pre-op check them & you may find that bits of you have shrunk even if our eyes & mind haven't registered those subtle changes.
The main thing is not to be downhearted its part of our roller coaster ride, step away from the scales for a few days & take a deep breath then relax it will all fall into place . Check with your team if you're really worried but I think you'll find they will agree with me & any others who comment. Don't let the scales become a new obsession its something we all have to be wary of.

Totally agree with you ;) especially on the shape change even now I still get people telling me I've lost more weight even though the scales haven't moved for 2 months!!! :) x

Don't panic its normal just your body going into starvation mode as it realises its not bei g fed as much, once it settles & realises this is the new regime it will let go if your stored fat instead of holding on to it. Step away from the scales get out the tape measure & if you took your measurements pre-op then you should notice a difference there if not on the scales. Our bodies & minds are challenged by the changes we are undergoing & hang on for dear life to the old you. Gradually both will accept the changes & your eyes & scales will see the changes.

Sorry for the double post ladies it had frozen my end do cancelled & re posted only to find it had come through after all.

Hi
I stalled at the same time for 6 weeks, talk about being upset and gutted. It does and will start up again as im now at goal. Woohoo....

Kim

Listen to wise auntie penelope- she speaks the truth. And three weeks is a really common time for a first stall. Just your body catching it's breath so to speak.
Good luck xx

Thanks ladies I know your all right as you've been there, it's my mental state bringing me down I was crying earlier trying to think about what would be appetising to purée today!!!! I just hope the stall starts moving soon. My mental state is currently rock bottom. Mental note to self " STOP STRESSING!!!!)

Thanks ladies I know your all right as you've been there, it's my mental state bringing me down I was crying earlier trying to think about what would be appetising to purée today!!!! I just hope the stall starts moving soon. My mental state is currently rock bottom. Mental note to self " STOP STRESSING!!!!)

There isnt a hug button or a feel sorry for ourselves together button so ill post it here xxxx

Back