• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Reasons for wanting WLS

hopelesscase

Whilst having tea last night i got a phone call from a friend to say her friend had just had a bypass and was out of surgery. My son and i then got talking about peoples reasons for wanting WLS. I went to see my dr for referrel for help with my weight because i had had a health check and my blood pressure was boarderline. I was concerened as i had managed to lose 3 stone on lipotrim and felt great for it but had platued and still had another 9 stone to go just to get within a healthy BMI.
Having got back from having my legs waxed last night my son (19) presented me with a book WLS for Dummies. He had bought it so that he could get a better understanding of what my life would entail after WLS. As he gave it me he asked what i hoped to gain by having a bypass.
Apart from the obviouse for health reasons, to feel better about my self, increased confidence, smaller clothes etc last night was the first time i had ever had a full leg wax as the thought of some skinny minnie having to feel my blubber always made me stop at the knee. So with the extra confidence im hoping to gain may be just maybe i may do more in the future

my reason is simple, I'd like to live long enough to see my son get married and maybe even be a grandma. With my health problems that's not very likely anyway, but being overweight makes it a foolish dream.

I would love to have children and live longer and have a better way of life! Do things I enjoy like going to the Theatre, play tennis, not worry about the size of plane seats!

My reasons for having WLS are

* Be more active
* Live longer and healthier
* Not be so embarrassed about myself
* wear nice clothes!
* Gain more confidence

I have struggled most my life with weight issues, and didnt want to continue struggling. My low self esteem and depression affected all parts of my life. I feel i have missed out on so much. My weight problems make my illness all the more worse. But no more, I'm on my way to a new me!!:D I want to be able to hold my head up high, and not be so self conscious. I'm 5ft 10" so stick out as it is...being fat only makes me stand out for all the wrong reasons.

Kel xx

I want to see my 2 children grow up and i want to be able to play with them without stuggling! From my own selfish point of view i want to be able to wear nice clothes and feel confident! we are all on our way there now x

I want to watch my kids grow up, go to college (maybe even uni), get their partners and hopefully have grandchildren. Thats it for me pure and simple x

For me, aside from the weight loss, it's about having my confidence back and not feeling like the odd one out who everyone ignores (Whether they did or not I'm unsure but you get pretty paranoid when you feel miserable...or at least I did!)

1. As a physical tool to help me conquer my self-esteem issues which are inextricably linked with my eating and therefore, weight issues. I want to break that cycle.
2. As a result I wish to be able to like and even love myself. GIve my heart and lungs an easier time!
3. Live longer
4. Enjoy much more from life than I ever could before. Maybe even join my OH on a walk in Derbyshire.
5. Perform simple tasks such as drying my feet (when I find them!) with ease.
6. Wear the clothes I like to wear.
7. Laugh more.

oo have drs take the arthritus in my back seriously and not use my weight as the reason I am in pain
To take my 2 girls swimming, play on the trampoline with them, play in the park and just be silly with them.
To go on the annual holiday and ride a bike without looking like a big fat beetroot trundling past.
To make and wear my own clothes, (especially halloween costumes).
To not be stared at, muttered about or spoken to like your really stupid or something on the bottom of their shoe.
To rediscover my passion for everything.

I didn't ask for surgery as I was referred from my Diabetic Team. Of course, it was ultimately my choice but my reason was to be a Mum! (Of course health is a major factor that happens anyway!)

I want to relieve the pain in my back and knees. To not get breathless every time I walk up the stairs. NOt to sweat at the slightest exertion. To look normal. To find my confidence and my old self, she's in there lurking somewhere under this 9 stone of fat

To find my confidence and my old self, she's in there lurking somewhere under this 9 stone of fat

I think you have struck a chord with lots of people on here with that, Sam.

I can't speak for anyone else as I have yet to meet them (but hopefully will on the 28th Feb!), but having met you and Terri, I can honestly say that you are obviously both very attractive and sassy ladies now. The world is a good place for you being in it now, but it had better watch out when you are firing on all four cylinders!

Get it off and bring it on! ;)

but it had better watch out when you are firing on all four cylinders!

I've just thought about this properly omg people think I'm batty now, there'll be no stopping me when i'm at my goal. I'll have definately lost it in more ways than one. hehehe

I think you have struck a chord with lots of people on here with that, Sam.

I can't speak for anyone else as I have yet to meet them (but hopefully will on the 28th Feb!), but having met you and Terri, I can honestly say that you are obviously both very attractive and sassy ladies now. The world is a good place for you being in it now, but it had better watch out when you are firing on all four cylinders!

OMG Red, that has bought a tear to my eye.

As Terri said, RIGHT BACK AT YA.

You are a beautiful person both inside and out. Thank you for the support you have given me via PM this last week. I cant wait to be post op with you and Terri by my side for support and friendship.

I've just thought about this properly omg people think I'm batty now, there'll be no stopping me when i'm at my goal. I'll have definately lost it in more ways than one. hehehe

Yes Terri, you might be mad as a box of frogs, but I for one wouldnt change you for all the tea in china.

As I have just said to Red the same applies to you. You are gorgeous so god help brum when you have lost your weight and that confidence can be for real.

I really value your friendship and support Terri. Im so pleased to have met you xxx

Back