• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recent surgery

JoannaN89

Hi all, i had my sleeve on Monday. I haven't been for a number 2 since then. I feel really uncomfortable and bloated but nit sure if that is just from the gas at surgery.

Im drinking peppermint tea and walking but no luck. Should i try the suppositories i have or is that too early?

Jo x

Maria61

Hi all, i had my sleeve on Monday. I haven't been for a number 2 since then. I feel really uncomfortable and bloated but nit sure if that is just from the gas at surgery.

Im drinking peppermint tea and walking but no luck. Should i try the suppositories i have or is that too early?

Jo x
I have not had surgery yet so can't help sorry but wish you all the best xxx

ItsmePaula

Jo x
Hi Jo from what I know it's perfectly normal to be bloaty and stuff. If you are feeling uncomfortable then give your GP a quick call he may suggest a mild laxative to help you.

Remember that you have had major surgery and the surgeons had to blow you up like a balloon. You may still be full of wind. Do some light exercise such as gentle walking to get things moving. Also remember that your intake may not match up to your output yet.

I hope this helps xx

FeeBee

I think constipation is pretty usual after surgery not least because there's not much going in to keep everything moving :)
I was already taking laxatives for long term bowel issues and I know lots of other post oppers have needed them too so definitely have a word with your doctor :)

SAM55

Constipation was my biggest problem post op. I didn't tackle it straight away (went without a bowel movement for over a week) and wished I had. It is usual for nothing in the first few days as there has been nothing going in and you are probably not getting enough liquid in yet. Wind is also a problem so it is difficult to work out which is which.