• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

update after surgery =D

emmalouise1989

X Emma X
Well I had my gastric sleeve op at spire Blackpool on Monday, and although I have had alot of pain im made up and glad to be on my journey at long last, pains not too bad now, mainly pain when I try and bend so I won't be doing that for a while lol
I had my first puree food today which was chicken and potatoe but I wasn't actually hungry for anything but was told to try, and after a few tiny spoonfulls I got a heavy sensation which I have been told is the new full feeling, and I was actually happy to be leaving food on the plate, where as a few days ago I would of licked it clean haha =D
That alone tells me I have done the right thing with this surgery and im very happy and looking forward to my weight loss to come, I have allready shifted 4 stone pre-op since august to get me started =D
*sits on losers bench and smiles =D

Congratulations on the op, not been hungry much of been such a great feeling can't wait. Take care and have a speedy recovery x

Hi Emma

Glad to hear you are doing ok. I too had my first food today. Although its not through hunger we need to keep our energy levels up. Don't forget your fluids and happy sleeving xxx

Glad to here everything went well emma , just waiting to here from spire for my surgery date for my sleeve, how did u find the hospital , and how long did your surgery take , i am getting very nervous knowing it wont be long before i have mine , i was told it will before xmas . hope all your journey gose well and keep us posted , Tracey:) xxx

Hi, the hospital is lovely and so are staff and my surgeon has been coming to see me three times a day, im going home in the morning, I have had my own private room with own bathroom, its deffinantly better than an NHS hospital and im glad I didn't end up having it at Salford royal!

Great news well dun hun ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

oh thats fantastic Emma, so happy for you :) xxx

Emma - Fantastic news. Amazing that you can eat food so soon. Each hosptial seems to have a different approach. Take care Cx

Glad all is well Emma, back home to your own bed soon - aah!

Glad to hear you're doing well , i was looking for a post yesterday but must've missed it , take care and speedy recovery don't overdo things xx

So pleased you are doing well hun, heres to the new you
yayyyyyyyyy!!!

thanks everyone, im feeling a little but better today but still alot of abdominal pain but i reakon its more because of the swelling x
also im having alot of problems with reflux, i keep getting stomach acid coming up into my mouth pretty much constantly, its not nice!

Best wishes, Emma -- hope every day gets slightly less painful.

Have the hospital recommended any liquid meds for the reflux problem ....?

glad you're feeling a bit better honey, im sure you'll ger a bit better each day, hope the acid goes soon, take care :) xxx

hi, yes they prescribed some meds but there just tablets so i have to mix them with water and as silly as it sounds i just cant stomach drinking them, even the pain med :( so i have just send the fiance out to the pharmacy with instructions to see if he can get me chewable pain meds and antacids too because i cant carry on like this :(

i know i should be haveing what i was sent home with but i genuinly can not stomach them and when i drink them they are making me be sick, and i have tried putting them in with some cordial but still cant stomach them.

i am also on injections everyday for anticoagulants, but i havent been given a sharps box, how do i get one or dispose of all the needles???

ive heard people on here say that they use age 6+ calpol for pain relief, that might help you honey :) xxx

hope you feel better soon emma , and find something to help with the acid and pain , how did u find murryfield , i having my op in Jan 2012 there ,xxxx

Hi Tracey, i had ine at spire-blackpool but it was a lovely place and until i left my surgeon came to see me three times a day, really good service there x

have you now got the date of your surgery?

Well i have got some rennies to chew now and they work staright away so going to have to keep them stocked, and some disolvable nurofen which dissolve on ur tounge.

but dreading trying to sleep again so i think i will opt for the sofa as then i can be in more of a sat up position on the lounger because i just cant cope with the pain and acid from lying flat :( hopefully it will pass as i heal x

Back