• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

recieved a letter?

gemma-lou88

hiya all :) i recieved a letter today from sunderland hospital saying i have to attend a group meeting for bariatric surgery where there will be a surgeon and dietician there in march, only got reffered a month ago so not sure if this is good or bad lol .. just wondering if anyone has had to attend these? if so what are they for and what normally happens from these? any help appreciated :)
Gemma x

Hi
Yes I had to go but quite a long way down the line after I had done 6 months weight management.

ours was called a one stop clinic, saw dietician watched a presentation discussed band and bypass then saw surgeon who made the decision also got weighed and height and BP done.
Mine was august 13th, had band fitted january 11th

good luck
x

Yes I attended one of these at my first appointment. I was operated on 4 months later

hiya all :) i recieved a letter today from sunderland hospital saying i have to attend a group meeting for bariatric surgery where there will be a surgeon and dietician there in march, only got reffered a month ago so not sure if this is good or bad lol .. just wondering if anyone has had to attend these? if so what are they for and what normally happens from these? any help appreciated :)
Gemma x
Hi Gemma, I too are going through the process at Sunderland, but I am nearly at the end, bypass is on the 5th March. The Group Meeting is standard proceedure, it is a chance to meet some of the team, give you the ins and outs, what the latest waiting times are, and the opportunity to ask any burning questions. You have your weight and height taken, you are then told to go away and try and loose some weight or at least to maintain.

We also have a support group meeting at the Education Centre once a month, the next meeting is on the 4th March at 18:00hrs all are welcome.

Lesley

thanks everyone i cant wait for my appointment i hope everything goes well and he says ok :)

Back