• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland pre op assessment - HELP

borogirl

Hello
I recieved a letter today :) and I have to attend this Wed am! Sunderland is like a bus, nothing for ages and then everything at once! Can anyone let me know what to expect, surgery is booked in for 22 Feb. This is a Friday, will I need to go in the night before?
Also I cant find the pre op diet so if anyone can send me this it would be appreciated.
Got 2lb to loose before Wed. I can do it!
How long will I be in for?
Panic is setting in.:eek::eek::eek: Anyone from this site at Sunderland on these dates?
x:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

hey hun how long ago did you have a camera done? just wondering what the time scales are like? i had my camera 3 weeks ago just wondering what happens now. how it went with you, how long before you heard anything from them from camera appointment x thank you x

Pre op is simple and painless... You'll have your weight checked to make sure you're on track, then they'll go through the usual - any medication, bloods, b/p, etc. You'll be talked to about your pre-op diet, so don't panic.
Then you'll be told what to expect... You'll be fine
I was sleeved on a Saturday. Admitted the Friday where nothing at all happened, except I was given 2 pieces of fruit and a yoghurt for tea (felt like a waste of time going in the day before, but all for a reason I s'pose).
Saturday, my op was 1-1.30pm. Back on ward for afternoon visiting 3.30.
Sunday, liquids only and off for a shower etc. (Very important to move, no matter how sore it is)
Monday, sloppy mush
Tuesday, home.
That's my timeline. Everyone's different, but thought I'd give you a rough guide.
Good luck!

After you've had the gastroscopy done the waiting time is about 6 month till your surgery :)

Pre op is simple and painless... You'll have your weight checked to make sure you're on track, then they'll go through the usual - any medication, bloods, b/p, etc. You'll be talked to about your pre-op diet, so don't panic.
Then you'll be told what to expect... You'll be fine
I was sleeved on a Saturday. Admitted the Friday where nothing at all happened, except I was given 2 pieces of fruit and a yoghurt for tea (felt like a waste of time going in the day before, but all for a reason I s'pose).
Saturday, my op was 1-1.30pm. Back on ward for afternoon visiting 3.30.
Sunday, liquids only and off for a shower etc. (Very important to move, no matter how sore it is)
Monday, sloppy mush
Tuesday, home.
That's my timeline. Everyone's different, but thought I'd give you a rough guide.
Good luck!

Thanks for this. When you received your call did they give you your op date or date to go into Hosp? This is a great update, cheers x

Sometimes you go in the day of op have nothing to eat etc at home from night before x they will go through everything don't panic as your blood pressure might go up :) and you don't want that x pre op diet will be explained and when to start they may give you blood tests and swabs for anything nasty :( if you haven't done this already x good luck and let us know how you get on :)

OMG at last :eek:!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations Borogirl, I'm over the moon for you pet. :D

I'm having mine on the 19th so might still be in on the 22nd. My pre-ops next Friday. I've got the diet in my car so once I'm dressed (sitting typing in my pjs), I'll post it on here for you. Are you doing the milk one, or one of the diabetic diets?

Went shopping for mine last night and spent a fortune on fresh veg and lean meats....

After all this waiting you'll be walking on air now.

Congrats Boragirl! That's great :D. Only 3 weeks away now & I am so jealous xx

feels like the longest wait of my life lol. i just keep thinking this christmas people can buy me clothes and underwear and nice things instead of the usual things i get as no one has or can buy me clothes im too picky and its not as if you can get clothes anywhere to fit me. i cant wait to wear the cute underwear, pretty nighties, normal pretty colours instead of black trousers black jumper my everyday clothes lol i havent heard anything since endoscopy will i get a letter confirming that it had been done and im on list. he said on the day he would put me on list but nice to have it on paper? x

Wow thats seems to come round quite quick. Good luck with your opp hun x

I got a letter kellyhymas with the pre opp diet in with it. Confirming that I was defo on the list for a bypass x

I didn't get any letter confirming I was on the list. I got a call on the Monday offering me a cancellation that was for the following Saturday.
Monday - received call
Tuesday- started pre-op diet
Wednesday - had awful headache and shopped and packed
Thursday - went for pre-op
Friday - admitted
Saturday - op!

I waited 3 months from endoscopy. Having said this, I was told by Mr. Small that my waiting was reduced as I was very low risk - no illnesses, no high b/p, and had already lost a lot of weight. This is also why I was 'done' on a weekend.
HTH

Wow your so lucky to get your op so fast, I've been in the system for nearly 3 years,I've had no complications or problems other than them cancelling appointments on me (to do with holidays and on-call rotas) I know im nearly there by I'm seriously loosing the will to live now.i am happy for you but also quite jealous ,sorry . Good luck with your opp and have a wonderful healthy future :)

I waited 2yr 4mth from referral to op, and am now 6months out. Everyone at SRH gets cancelled at some point - I believe it's there way of testing you/making sure you don't fall off the wagon...

I waited 2yr 4mth from referral to op, and am now 6months out. Everyone at SRH gets cancelled at some point - I believe it's there way of testing you/making sure you don't fall off the wagon...

I think that too :(

I started sept 2011 went for enoscopy nov 24th 2012 got pre op diet end of jan 2013 panicked thout opp would be weeks off way only to be told no it will be end of may. Just hope there's a cancellation struggleing to keep wait down but will do as this needs to change my life
Edwinax

I started sept 2011 went for enoscopy nov 24th 2012 got pre op diet end of jan 2013 panicked thout opp would be weeks off way only to be told no it will be end of may. Just hope there's a cancellation struggleing to keep wait down but will do as this needs to change my life
Edwinax

Me to Edwina , I'm really struggling.put 3kgs on in a month, it seems like a very vicious circle :(

If is awful all this waiting but I agree with a previous comment that it is all to test your commitment to this major life changing surgery.

I had my balloon out on Wednesday and was asked if I still wanted to go ahead with surgery. I just looked and said of course!!

I have a date now and looking forward to my new life especially now I have the support of this forum and the monthly meetings with others who have either had surgery or are in the process jumping through all the hoops.

Back