• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

UPDATE ON REFUSAL FOR WLS

BlueDiamond

hi all

as some of u may have read I got refused for wls:cry:

Anyway I contact the pct who stated I am well in the NICE criteria and I qualify for wls :D , anyway I gets a letter from the dr I saw at weight management clinic who apologised for the way he was towards me and dismissing me str8 away, after reading my file again and taking in account for my fatty liver (as I didnt know I had one) and other comorbidities, he has decided to refer me . Next day I gets another letter to call hosp for the appointment , only to be told I have to wait for it to be sent via post, yesterday I gets the letter (3 days after speaking with appointments department, and Now have the appointment for 20th Nov, so fingers crossed as I have to go ahead for the funding , and all that stands in my way now is the surgeon, so I hope he is in a sympathetic mood that day :D I am so excited I could burst at the seams, and I am not going to make the mistake of getting my BMI down any lower ( I know most wont agree with that) but its borderline atm and any more will take me under the NICE guidelines. I not gonna gorge on any old sh*t but at same time not gonna diet for the time being

Thanks in advance for reading - MeJulie xx

That is really good news.

Great news,get your gallstones sorted then full steam ahead for wls.Everything crossed for you.Im trying??? to keep my bmi at no less than 45 till i see doc on 25th.Its harder than trying to lose it!

Great news

Congrats thats fab news maybe you should work out your Basal Metabolic rate which is" the amount of cals ur body needs to sustain the weight you are."That way you can make sure their is no way you drop any weight in the next 9 weeks so ur bmi does not fall any further xx

www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator

Last edited:
Tyvm TNR XX

wow I checked mine out and found I need 2000 calories a day to maintain same weight.................didnt think it would be as much as that...........

Tyvm TNR XX

wow I checked mine out and found I need 2000 calories a day to maintain same weight.................didnt think it would be as much as that...........

My pleasure hun, but remember that is the amount of cals if u were sleeping all day :D:D:D:D so bare in mind u will be burning cals doing your normal every day stuff so if u stuck to 200 u might still drop maybe .5/1lbs a week, am sorry i dont know 2 much about this and if u dropped another say 5/7 lbs in 8 weeks would it take u under the Nice guidelines if so maybe add a few hundred more cals poss 200 more to make sure u sustain the weight and keep an eye on it for 2 weeks and see if u stay the same weight that way you will def be able to maintain ur weight.
Good luck for surgery tomorrow, hope u have a speedy recovery xxx

That's brilliant news Julie x

Excellent news :D:D:D:D

Not much else to add as others have beaten me to it lol

Back