• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recovery time after a wrap

Mrs Noodles

Hi all

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to recover from a wrap, when can I drive and walk around without any pain?

Thanks all

Hi Mrs Noodles,

I had my op on the friday morning and was in icu until the saturday lunchtime. I don't remember suffering any pain, the nausea in the first 24 hrs was more prominent than pain. Once back in my room I was walking about straight away, well pacing more like, to ty and shift the wind, still don't remember any pain. I suffered a few headaches which I think were due to dehydration. I was on a plane by Monday afternoon to come home and driving ok by wednesday, still with no pain.

That was my experience, I am sure everybody is different as we all have different levels of toleration.

Good luck with it.

I had mine on a friday late afternoon, was home by 2 the next day with no pain other than wind, although I was taking my meds every 4 hours. Felt a bit rough and slow for a few days although couldn't pin point why.....was on period very very heavily for a while and wind pain was bad for first week but I can't say I actually had pain from the op.
I was off work for 2 weeks although I was able to move about happily enough after 2-3 days but the exhaustion was what got to me for the first few weeks.
I'm 3 1/2 weeks post op and I'd say it's only the last couple of days where I've finally felt 'normal'.

Back