• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recovery time?

lulunics

Hi please can you tell me how much time you took off work after your sleeve surgery and if you get a sick note from the hospital or if this has to be done through the gp?:confused:

Also how long were you in hospital?

Thanks x

Hi Lulunics. I have asked a similar question on another thread (basically I am hoping to take as little time off as possible).

My hospital has informed me that they sign all patients off as unfit for work for 2 weeks at the time of the operation -- they view 2 weeks as the minimum recovery time.

Beyond that any further time off sick has to be signed off by my own GP.

However, I also await with interest responses of others as to how much time they took off !!

lulunics said:
Hi please can you tell me how much time you took off work after your sleeve surgery and if you get a sick note from the hospital or if this has to be done through the gp?:confused:

Also how long were you in hospital?

Thanks x

Hi lulunics

I had my sleeve done 17days ago. I took 2 weeks off work, but didn't feel strong enough to go back to work. Luckily they let me work from home for a few days, so I had off 2 1/2 weeks off. I go back in on Monday. Each person is different my delay was due to one of my wounds not healing properly.

I hope this helps
Sharon

I was in hospital for 3 days after my surgery and they suggested that I should be off for 6 - 8 weeks.It was my GP that signed me off for 6 weeks initially but was ready to go back after 4 (I think) My company were very good and insisted that I stay off until the sick note had expired and then phased me back into work 2 days one week 3 the next etc. As Sharon says everybody is different as are different PCT's and GP's. I thought after a week I was fine until I decided to go for a long walk and then found myself completely washed out!

Sounds like you work for a good firm there Brian, my wife had brain surgery and had to go back to work after three weeks as her firm only payed sick pay for four weeks and she had been off for a week before her surgery.

Paul

My hospital gave me a sick note for 1 week from discharge. I got a further 2 weeks from my gp but I'm sure they would have allowed me more time had I requested it. And I'm doing a phased return to work initially for a couple of days.

Back