• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FIRST "SUPPORT GROUP" MEETING...

markelsie

I attended my first support group meeting yesterday following my op last Friday.And I have to say it was very refreshing to walk in and see 20 odd people ALL who had had recent ops and older cases.
I find talking,AND listening to other people's situations and experiences very helpfull like with this forum.And it was good to hear from VETERAN bi-passers and banders how they cope NOW with food and weight and not just with the initial very positive stuff we experience early on as for me I'd much prefer to see the REAL picture as it.....One thing which did come out time and time again from banders and by-passers was how much the MIND/THINKING played in being a success.....More food for thought people...{no pun intended}..
Mark

Sharon...Many thanks for your "reply" I think your today's lucky winner in that I thought I'd wrote the wrong thing with the lack of feedback and do accept not everyone will comment...And yep feeling good at the mo...
Thanks
M...

Hey Mark, glad you found the meeting helpful. It is good to talk to others in your situation whether they be new to bypass surgery or old timers. The different experiences from them all will be very educational for you. xxGaynorxx

Wow Mark, you recovered quickly. Any hints to a speedy recovery you would like to share with us op hopefuls?

Sharon...Many thanks for your "reply" I think your today's lucky winner in that I thought I'd wrote the wrong thing with the lack of feedback and do accept not everyone will comment...And yep feeling good at the mo...
Thanks
M...

Hi Mark...I think it's generally quieter on here over the weekend :)

I've not been to a support group yet as I don't know of any locally and don't think my provider do them in this area...although there is one being set up for September by 2 bands liz and bypass sarah which I look forward to attending.

don't get me wrong, the support on here is fantastic but to actually meet another person who has had WLS and is in the same boat as myself would be great....the nurse at my GP surgery has only known of 2 people in her 20 years at the practice have WLS :eek: so even they know less than me on the subject :rolleyes:

well done on feeling up to going so soon after your op.

Back