• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 week post op / bodyshock

Raynebubble

Hi just having a feel sorry for me moment, the last two days i have ben feeling really down and crying at the drop of the hat.
Yesterday i couldnt get warm and had the shakes all day, eating was fine, no pain, no feeling sick.. but my glocuse levels were slightly raised in the morning (diabetic), but went down to normal by the middle of the afternoon. Felt so cold and run down by end of day, so rang NHS direct who suggested i take 2 paracetomol as i might have a temperature and have a cold or virus coming. felt better after an hour but felt i needed to get checked out so went to out of hours docs... all was ok came home went staight to bed.

This morning again flt so cold and tearful so 11am went to see my doc and he has taken bloods and urne and is going to check pottassium etc.. he checked all my vital signs etc and said that everything is fine, so i got to wait to see what bloods say tmro.

well he said he thinks that i possible may have a cold or virus as vairuisbugs going round, but he thinks more so that my body is in shock at the moment due to getting used to having lower glucos levels and havin such a major op.

im feeling ok at the minute as ive had lunch and had a lie down before... but feel that i will prob feel like this again later :-(

Has anyone else gone though anything similar.. or this natural for 3 weeks post op?

ooh my symptoms: eing so cold and not being able to get warm, shaking, and just not having he energy to function... lasting about an hour at a time. although i did get a bit hot earlier x

Hi just having a feel sorry for me moment, the last two days i have ben feeling really down and crying at the drop of the hat.
Yesterday i couldnt get warm and had the shakes all day, eating was fine, no pain, no feeling sick.. but my glocuse levels were slightly raised in the morning (diabetic), but went down to normal by the middle of the afternoon. Felt so cold and run down by end of day, so rang NHS direct who suggested i take 2 paracetomol as i might have a temperature and have a cold or virus coming. felt better after an hour but felt i needed to get checked out so went to out of hours docs... all was ok came home went staight to bed.

This morning again flt so cold and tearful so 11am went to see my doc and he has taken bloods and urne and is going to check pottassium etc.. he checked all my vital signs etc and said that everything is fine, so i got to wait to see what bloods say tmro.

well he said he thinks that i possible may have a cold or virus as vairuisbugs going round, but he thinks more so that my body is in shock at the moment due to getting used to having lower glucos levels and havin such a major op.

im feeling ok at the minute as ive had lunch and had a lie down before... but feel that i will prob feel like this again later :-(

Has anyone else gone though anything similar.. or this natural for 3 weeks post op?

ooh my symptoms: eing so cold and not being able to get warm, shaking, and just not having he energy to function... lasting about an hour at a time. although i did get a bit hot earlier x

sounds like dumping to me honey x

I'm sorry to hear your not feeling too well. I had my op a few days before you and have felt fine. I also was told to stop taking my metformin after surgery, although I have no idea what my blood sugars as I don't have a glucometer.

Maybe you do have a virus like the doctors have said. As least your still eating and drinking ok.

I hope you start to feel better soon! x x

Hope u feel better soon hun xx

sounds like dumping to me honey x

Hiya been told its defo not dumping by the hospital. and also i was like this when i got up this morning and thats before tabs and breakfast xx

Hiya been told its defo not dumping by the hospital. and also i was like this when i got up this morning and thats before tabs and breakfast xx
fair enough honey, hope you feel better soon :) xxx

I'm sorry to hear your not feeling too well. I had my op a few days before you and have felt fine. I also was told to stop taking my metformin after surgery, although I have no idea what my blood sugars as I don't have a glucometer.

Maybe you do have a virus like the doctors have said. As least your still eating and drinking ok.

I hope you start to feel better soon! x x

Thankyou, i think sometimes its better not to have a glucometre as it scares the ebbey jeebies when it goes high lol... but i would invest in one, LLoyds do them at around £15 xx Im with you on the virus thing... well i hope its a virus and it will blow over. had some bloods done today so will see when i get results tmro x

Hope u feel better soon Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

((((Rayne)))) Sorry to hear that you are still feeling rotten. I think that your doc might be right and your body is just adjusting to what's been done to it. I think we forget a bit just how invasive and massive the surgery is - we've been completely re-plumbed and of course our bodies are going to wonder what the heck has happened!:eek:

I still get really cold at certain times of the day and remember the same post-op but was lucky that it was summertime so not too hard to warm up. Try anything that helps - I used hot water bottles and throws. Every day I used to have a "low" spot in the early afternoon when I was exhausted and cold and would take myself to bed for a couple of hours sleep. That lasted about 3 weeks I think.

It will get better for you hun, just keep concentrating on all the positive stuff, have nice warm baths, cosy sleeps and don't expect too much of your body just yet:flowers:

Thnakyou Minxie, ive spoken to the hospital again and they said to try having half my lunch then two hours later having the other half and that may help.. or two have some porridge or banana two hours after... so im gonna cut out my yogurt from breakfast and the afternoon and swap with porridge and see if that helps tmro xx

im 2 weeks post op tomorrow hun and havent been warm since starting the pre op diet, my hands and feet in particular are freezing all the time. This is really odd for me as i was one of the crazy people you would see in Asda shopping, mid december with no coat maybe just a cardigan lol. im thinking of getting one of those fleecey all in ones that the kids are wearing ha. hope you are feeling better soon hun x

im 2 weeks post op tomorrow hun and havent been warm since starting the pre op diet, my hands and feet in particular are freezing all the time. This is really odd for me as i was one of the crazy people you would see in Asda shopping, mid december with no coat maybe just a cardigan lol. im thinking of getting one of those fleecey all in ones that the kids are wearing ha. hope you are feeling better soon hun x

thanks hun, it is funny i was the same...i would keep my coat in the car and just put it on for walking round from the car park into work... and that would be about it..... i am gonna have to get myself some thick cardies which ive never needed before. i think everyone suffers with the cold at first cos we are used to our fat paddings which keep us warm lol.
i went into my daughters room yesterday and she was there with the fan on!! i didnt realise how cold i had got when i have the shivers.... once i was ok again... i had to turn the heating down, turn off my electric fire, and shed 3 layers of clothes!!

hey xx im one week post op and have been freezing quiet a lot of the time, unable to get warm, ended up getting a temperature, feeling all achey , then late evening after taking paracetamol im sweating. i thought i was comming down with something but ive felt a bit better today, my toes were constantly like ice with those damn stockings on but the bariatric nurse said i could take them off as they were causing my legs to become extreamly sore to the touch.

but im puttin the temps down to it being generally cold, puttin loads of blankets over me and end up overheating. dont know how relevent this is to you, but today ive tried to to keep in warm places and nt pack myslef with blankets

also im thinkin the shere effort of all the shaking can make you weak, espec when we arent eating much yet x

nichola xx

I did feel the cold before op, but remember when i came out of the theatre i was freezing they had to put some warm thing on me to warm me up.

Since i have been home i have had a pair of socks on and find it really hard to warm up too - it could be because we are not getting enough fuel?

:gen126: rayne hugs to you, i hope you feel better soon, and that it is just a virus, you had your op 4 days before me, if i feel like you do will let you know, so we can go loopy together!!

I had to sleep for 3 hours this afternoon, and have been really tired since the op - and a bit tearful - i keep looking at before and after pics, and cant wait till i have some of my own!!!

chin up hunni xxxxx

hey xx im one week post op and have been freezing quiet a lot of the time, unable to get warm, ended up getting a temperature, feeling all achey , then late evening after taking paracetamol im sweating. i thought i was comming down with something but ive felt a bit better today, my toes were constantly like ice with those damn stockings on but the bariatric nurse said i could take them off as they were causing my legs to become extreamly sore to the touch.

but im puttin the temps down to it being generally cold, puttin loads of blankets over me and end up overheating. dont know how relevent this is to you, but today ive tried to to keep in warm places and nt pack myslef with blankets

also im thinkin the shere effort of all the shaking can make you weak, espec when we arent eating much yet x

nichola xx

Thankyou Nicola that is how i am feeling, its just taken me by surprise as up until the weekend i had loads of energy, and now i just feel totally sapped... hopefuly it will wear off soon... im on pured foods... so thought i wuld tr something different today, so ive had some soup for breakfast hopeing it will give me a bit more energy than the munch bunch yogurt ive been having.
Where did you have your op Nicola? xx

i really think it's because we're not getting enough fuel our bodies are using up what we put in to keep everything working so nothing left over to keep us warm xx i'd like a nice warm cuddle with my hubby but my tummy still too sore :)

im really not feeling well again today, woke up had my tabs, then swapped my yogurt for some chicken soup for breakfast.... then half 9 to half entred to have a sleep but al i could do was lie down with my eyes shut... i have no energy.... got off sofa at 10.40 and i have had to trn he heating off as im now going through a hot sweat. checked my tep and its just under 38 so its normal, ive had a hot chocolate to have my morning milk allowance... this s so not good :-(

Hi there Rayne, I am 10wks post op now and feel fine, but the first 4wks I was'nt able to much, just going to the shop would shatter me, listen to your body its telling you to rest, so rest hun, honestly it does get better :D

hey xx Rayne

i had my op at the royal derby hospital by mr ahmed, how about you?

feeling any better today??

I am almost 4 weeks out, I am also diabetic and haven't taken my meds since the op. I don't check my bg but I am having an Hba1c next week and they will decide if I need them again from there, my bg from the evening of my op went down from 10.6 to 5.2-5.5 for the next 2 days. Haven't had it checked since then.
I have been freezing too but that's because we are starving! Think about how few calories you are taking in! Yet you still have a lot of weight to carry around with you, just less fuel to help, that also makes you tired!
It's early days yet Rayne, it will all get better. xx

Back