• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Red 42 - Port correction...all done.

Red 42

novice bypasser
I'm off down to Leeds this afternoon to have my x-ray and first fill at 4pm at the Nuffield (it's the nearest hospital that THG use up north)

Feeling a little nervous, but hopefully this will give my WL a kick as I've only lost 7lb since banding over 5 weeks ago.

Just had some Weetabix as I can't have anything to eat or drink from 11am....that's now :eek:

It's a bit of a hot day for going without drinks, but they said tiny sips of water would be ok.

Enjoy your day, whatever you may be doing and I'll let you know how it goes later :argh:

You'll def feel a difference after it, I'm with thg and they put quite a lot in for a frst fill, I had my first fill a month ago and already fot 7ml 10ml band!

good luck red x

Hi All...thankyou for your good wishes today.

Hubby and I have just got back from Leeds and I'm afraid it didn't go well :cry:the reason being, my port is in the wrong position...instead of it being flat, it is on its side (I have thought over the last few weeks it was quite prominent but didn't question it) and so the Doctor doing the procedure couldn't get the needle in.

He tried (think he must have been a javelin thrower in a previous life :rolleyes:) and was trying to manipulate the port but wasn't able to get the angle to get the needle in where it should go....he even wanted to give it a second try, but couldn't guarantee it would work and it would probably have been painful....I said no thanks :eek: and that was that!

Unfortunately, I'm going to need corrective surgery to lie the port flat...how unlucky is that?

So, he is going to report back to THG and send them a copy of the x-ray and I'm going to give the bariatric nurse a ring tomorrow to try and find out what will happen next :sigh:

my worry is (knowing THG 's reputation) will they expect me to pay for this? unless it's sorted I can't have any fills, I've been very careful since the op and haven't done any heavy work, lifting, mopping at work...nothing, so don't know how it's even happened.

sorry if this scares prospective 1st time fillers :cry:I'm very confused now :confused:

Oh bad luck Red, what a bummer but it will get sorted.:cry:

Port flips are more common than you think, hence why a lot of surgeon have started putting them on breast bone.

Good luck to you in getting your port right.

Hi Yvonne

So sorry to hear this! I really hope you can get it sorted (without paying!). I have heard that ports can flip but so soon after the op seems very bizarre.

Havent got any advice to offer just wanted to wish you the best of luck getting it sorted!

Maz x

thankyou ladies

I guess I'm just disappointed, and the thought of having to most likely go back down to Birmingham and possibly losing more time at work is what's worrying me :sigh:

Back