• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Red 42 - Port correction...all done.

Morning All

well...after yesterdays performance, I've spoken to one of the bariatric team at THG this morning.
She was very helpful (they called me back within 5 mins of me calling them)
The gist of it is, they get the x-ray results back from Leeds Nuffield, it goes to the management team who have to agree the corrective surgery. She said that as my op was very recent there will be no problems getting it done at no extra cost to me:wee:

I will have to have another general anaesthetic, but no wind involved...phew! I will be added on to the end of the days banding list so will probably have to stay overnight (at which my Hubby said I will very likely get my own room this time round as they won't want me mixing with the new banders :eek: :rolleyes:)

the x-rays can take 3-4 days to get back to them so I'll ring them again next Thursday for an update.

:talk017: So glad for you:talk017:

Red

Thank heavens for that, you must be so relieved. I was worried for you that they would attempt to charge you for extra surgery.

Good luck with the repositioning, tell they to triple knot it this time ;):D

Thank God for that!

Good luck and keep us informed.

(wonder if they look at all the bad 'press' they get in mini's?)

{hugs}

Hey you......

OMG!!!!! I missed all this last night. I am soooo sorry you are having probs hunnie. But at least it looks as though you will be sorted very soon.
Try not to comfort eat now! (I would be doing) and keep your chin up.

Don't forget to let us know when you are booked etc.

take care
xxx

so sorry to hear of your problems yesterday (it was something i was worried about happening also) but glad to read that it will get sorted soon. x

thank you all

yes I'm relieved at that....phew!

what the nurse said was that had it been ok in the beginning say at the first x-ray, but then after a couple of years flipped, they could charge, but as this has happened from an early stage then they have to correct it.

I've just been trying to explain the situation to my Brother via e-mail (he lives in France and is a real worry wart when it comes to family) he was checking up on how things had gone yesterday and was wanting to know if I'm eating real food yet :eating: :rolleyes:

will keep you posted :)

Hiya Red

Can I just ask you who did your surgery? I had mine at the hospital group, Dolan Park, and Mr Sigurdsson was my surgeon.

I was told by the Hospital Group that as I had the cheap and cheerful option, that included the operation, overnight stay, xray appointment to check the band location and then the discharge appointment with Mr Sigurdsson. I suppose if the band issue had been found at xray,like yours was, then Mr Sigurdsson would have not be able to discharge me from his care, without fixing the band problem and would have had to put it right, re-exrayed, check that it was ok and lying properly and then do the discharge, so hopefully this is what they are planning for you.

I really hope all goes well for you. Take care.
MNL:eek:

Hiya Red

Can I just ask you who did your surgery? I had mine at the hospital group, Dolan Park, and Mr Sigurdsson was my surgeon.

I was told by the Hospital Group that as I had the cheap and cheerful option, that included the operation, overnight stay, xray appointment to check the band location and then the discharge appointment with Mr Sigurdsson. I suppose if the band issue had been found at xray,like yours was, then Mr Sigurdsson would have not be able to discharge me from his care, without fixing the band problem and would have had to put it right, re-exrayed, check that it was ok and lying properly and then do the discharge, so hopefully this is what they are planning for you.

I really hope all goes well for you. Take care.
MNL:eek:

Hi MNL

yes it was Mr Sigurdsson that did mine too.

Did you have problems with your band?

Glad they're doing it for free Red, ask them to do a fill for you same time! Mr Sig did mine 9 weeks, also had cheap package no aftercare (which I'm glad about from what I've read on here!) ago, no probs so far, I haven't found THG too bad but have been discharged by them now so hopefully no probs will crop up now!

Hi MNL

yes it was Mr Sigurdsson that did mine too.

Did you have problems with your band?
Hiya Red
touch wood, I've not had any problems with my band or port. I have never had any problems having an adjustment (I have had 4 now). From what I read earlier on in this post, your port seems to be in a different location to mine, which is a bit strange, as I was always led to believe that surgeons have their own preferences as to where they put the ports. My port is roughly as follows, if you follow the belly button upwards about 3-4 inches, and the go over towards the left about 4 inches, my port is there. It is no where near my breast bone. Mr Sigurdsson confirmed at my discharge appointment that he had sewn my port to one of my abdominal muscles,and it was anchored down with four stitches (from what I can remember). Since I had my discharge xray and appointment I have always had band fills done in a clinic setting, never by xray. But next week on Wednesday (8th) I am having a barium xray and band adjustment. It is almost a year since I had my surgery,and this is the first time I am having a fill done under xray. I am looking forward to it, as it will be a bit of piece of mind, to know that everything is still in the right place and working.

Anymore news on how and when they will be doing your repair? Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

MNL:family2:

Hi MNL

they have to get the x-ray report back from Leeds (back to Dolan Park) and then look at the circumstances of the problem. The nurse I spoke to said this can happen and they usually get Mr Siggurdson to do the repairs 'as he's good'.

she said I will be added to the end of the days ops list as it's not a full procedure and they will also do a fill at the same time.
I won't have to have another x-ray because this is only to check that the band is in the correct position...not the port and that the clinicians can usually tell by feeling if the port is correct.

I have to say that the port has been very prominent since the op was done, but this last couple of weeks has been quite visible when I lie down on my back. I thought it was strange because when the Patient care co-ordinator showed me hers at the consultation, she had to really feel around for it.

I'll give THG a ring again probably next Thursday to see what's happening with regards to a date etc.

Really pleased that you are getting this sorted. What a stress for you x

Hey Yv,

Sorry to hear you've been having probs lovey.

Was going to say that the £6950 package comes with 12 months insurance- so if anything goes wrong with the band, or tubing/port, it wil be corrected free of charge, so make sure they dont try and make you pay anything.

Hope you are all sorted soon love

xxxxx

Hi Yvonne. Sorry to hear about the problems with your port, and I hope its sorted tomorrow.
Remember going to Nuffield for my xray, been tipped up on that xray wall, weird. Then seeing your insides, excellent.
I was with THG, my year contract has now finished with them, but never had any problems, didn't realise they had abit of a reputation

Hi Yvonne. Sorry to hear about the problems with your port, and I hope its sorted tomorrow.
Remember going to Nuffield for my xray, been tipped up on that xray wall, weird. Then seeing your insides, excellent.
I was with THG, my year contract has now finished with them, but never had any problems, didn't realise they had abit of a reputation

Hi Celticfrost

yes the x-ray machine was strange, but it was the fact that the Dr tried to do the fill even though he knew the port was in the wrong place...he only told me after he'd had a good jab around with the needle!

I did call THG today...they had gotten my x-ray report back yesterday, but it had to go to management for them to review, so I'll be calling them again on Friday.

To be honest, THG seem to do whats needed of them if you do the chasing and the staff I've spoken to over the last week do seem genuinely nice folks...I guess like everyone else, they're stretched to the limit and unless you shout then you fall by the wayside :(

Back