• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Red 42 - Port correction...all done.

Hi All

I'm going to have my port correction done this Thursday 16th July at Dolan Park...:fingerscrossed: it goes ok.
im so pleased you have your app and they have done what they should do for you. best of luck for thurs.

Hiya Red

how did you get on today? was they able to anchor down the port correctly?
What did the surgeon say, if anything?
Any kind of appology?

Hope everything went to plan, and not too painful. Take care, looking forward to your update.

MNL:)

I am also wondering how Red got on, hopefully its now sorted and shes recovering

Hi All

just back from Dolan Park after having port correction op. I had to be there for 7am yesterday morning and luckily was first down to theatre at 11.15am...I was discharged by 5.30pm, but due to the severe weather conditions (and Hubby's lack of sleep) we broke our journey after an hour on the road and stayed in a Premier Inn overnight.

When the anaesthetist came round to see me, he said that they may be able to do op with a local rather than general anaesthetic, but Mr Siggurdsen didn't seem keen (phew) so they put me out....he explained to me later that the port, although it was tilted had been damaged by the Radiographer at Leeds Nuffield when he'd tried to do the fill (Mr Siggi said he would have managed had he been doing it :rolleyes:), so they have replaced & relocated the port (I forgot to ask where it was now) but it looks as though they used the old scar to gain access.

I've also had a fill so now have 4.5 mls in my band (previously 2mls) and have to stay on liquids till Monday....He seemed happy that I'd lost 6kg since original op on 25/5/09 :)

Feeling sore around my middle, but nothing like original banding as no wind pain and no morphine sickness...just liquid paracetamol :)

thank you all for your good wishes...will chat again soon when I've had a kip :D

welcome back yvonne, im glad your all sorted now xxx

Great to hear your ok and it was replaced rather than just relocated, hope your feeling better soon

I am so pleased it all went well for you in the end and am looking forward to seeing all your losses now..

Speedy recovery.

(((hugs)))

Well done glad all went well.

I had the same surgeon and found him very nice.

Take care

yes he was very nice this time, quite chatty and even came round later in the afternoon to see us (I don't remember him doing that last time) and having a laugh & joke :)

all the nursing staff again were lovely....very friendly indeed and couldn't do enough to help.

it's strange being back on liquids...I'm really struggling with water and diluting squash (as I did after banding op) but can manage warm soup, warm milk and even warm complan :confused:

I'm really bored too...Hubby & Son have gone to see Harry Potter film, but I still feel like I've got fuzzy anaesthetic head today so didn't think it a good idea to go with them :(

not to worry...it's me and the moggies with the TV all to ourselves this afternoon...I can watch whatever I want :D

Back