• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Red 42 - Port correction...all done.

Hi Yvonne, that doesn't sound good about the radiographer, would have thought he should have known better. Probably the same bloke I had as all appts after 4pm as they come down from nhs hospital.

Hope its good news on Friday from the management team. It had better be.

Rang THG at 10.45am (thought I'd better give the person I needed to speak to time to get in and look at my file :rolleyes:)
She had it on her desk along with 20 others, and hadn't had much time to look at it, but did so briefly whilst I was on the phone...her nurse who she usually confers with was off sick (had been for 3 weeks) so she needed to go up to the wards to discuss with another nurse, what to do :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So....she said she will call me back regardless today...just playing the waiting game now :crazy:

Rang THG at 10.45am (thought I'd better give the person I needed to speak to time to get in and look at my file :rolleyes:)
She had it on her desk along with 20 others, and hadn't had much time to look at it, but did so briefly whilst I was on the phone...her nurse who she usually confers with was off sick (had been for 3 weeks) so she needed to go up to the wards to discuss with another nurse, what to do :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So....she said she will call me back regardless today...just playing the waiting game now :crazy:

Hiya

hope you didnt hold your breath too long waiting for them to return the call.

Did they call you back? if so what time?
Any more news on your xray results?
MNL

Hi All

sorry for not updating sooner, but I did get my call from the lady at THG on Friday as promised :) actually 2 calls :eek:

the first at around 5pm just to say that she had been unable to speak with a nurse, but would get it sorted on Monday. The lady I was dealing with did however ask how I was feeling, asked if I was in any pain or had any concerns...I said I had some mild discomfort which had been there since the attempted fill but nothing that couldn't wait a few more days....She was going to call me again Monday.

at 5.30pm she rang me again....she was concerned at leaving things as they were over the weekend and so she had been to see the consultant, shown him the x-ray report and he agreed that further surgery was needed to anchor down the port again...after all they are required to provide me with a fully functioning port (her words)

so, as it stands now...the lady from THG will be liaising with the person who sorts out the theatre lists and will arrange for that person to call me tomorrow to discuss dates for when I can have my correction done.

fingers crossed that it all goes through as promised :fingerscrossed:

Hi All

I'm going to have my port correction done this Thursday 16th July at Dolan Park...:fingerscrossed: it goes ok.

Yvonne sorry to hear you are having some problems with your port- has your discomfort died down. i am gald that you have a date for your corrective surgery. How are you getting on in general - not really spoke to you for a while hope things are going well?

Yvonne sorry to hear you are having some problems with your port- has your discomfort died down. i am gald that you have a date for your corrective surgery. How are you getting on in general - not really spoke to you for a while hope things are going well?

Hi Terri

I'm doing fine thanks...I wasn't aware of the port problem till I had the x-ray, I just thought it was very prominent.
For at least 3-4 weeks after op I used to get a dragging sensation when I lay on my left side as though everything inside was falling to the left...just thought it was normal.
It's only been sore at the port site since they tried to manipulate port to get the needle in...other than that weight loss is slow but it's coming off so that's ok.

you're doing wonderfully BTW :D well done!

Good luck for thursday :)

Hi Terri

I'm doing fine thanks...I wasn't aware of the port problem till I had the x-ray, I just thought it was very prominent.
For at least 3-4 weeks after op I used to get a dragging sensation when I lay on my left side as though everything inside was falling to the left...just thought it was normal.
It's only been sore at the port site since they tried to manipulate port to get the needle in...other than that weight loss is slow but it's coming off so that's ok.

you're doing wonderfully BTW :D well done!

Hope it all goes well on Thursday.

Thank you I also feel wonderful too. I even went swimming tonight by myself, so things are looking up.;O)

Back