• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Referral still not sent out by GP

zns

:( I have just called to double check that my referral had been sent out as it has been a while and I still hadn't heard from the hospital yet (I know it can take a while but I thought I would check anyway). The receptionist said it didnt look like it had been sent :cry:

I have to phone back in the morning when the secretary is there to chase it up.

I was so hoping that I was on my way, but no I am not :cry:

awe unlucky. you wanna ask em why its been sent yet , its really unprofessional of medical practises when they don't deliver on their promises. I waited 5 months for my gp to fill it a two minute form, even though I have been told several times by the receptionists it had been sent. When I saw the another doc to complain he was astonished and said all the forms they had been receiving was just filed away. Good luck anyway and hope it pans out for you

shell

Definitely keep on chasing it up, and if you can, make a formal complaint and ask to switch GPs. I know they're busy, but you're the patient and I think its really unprofessional and wrong for it to take so long for them to send out your referral.

thats shocking tell them you want the referal and you will deliver it yourself.

Thanks guys. Im worrying as we are moving in a few weeks and I will have to change surgeries so dont want this still hanging over in case it causes problems. The new GP surgery will be under the same PCT but you never know if the GP will throw a spanner in the works. I asked about continuing my care with the same GP but they said it was very unlikely they would be able to.

Hi i phoned my GP yesterday to find out if my referal had been sent, and was told it was posted out last Tuesday. So i phoned the hospital to see if they had recieved it, and they hadn't. The person i spoke to gave me a fax number so i could ask the GP to resend the referal. When i phoned the GP back i was told sorry but due to an over sight the referal was only sent Yesterday.I gave them the fax number and when i phoned the hospital back they had just recieved it .
Just keep phoning ask to speak to the practic manager and ask why it is taking so long,and get a fax number for the WLS team.
Good Luck hope you get an answer soon

Hi i phoned my GP yesterday to find out if my referal had been sent, and was told it was posted out last Tuesday. So i phoned the hospital to see if they had recieved it, and they hadn't. The person i spoke to gave me a fax number so i could ask the GP to resend the referal. When i phoned the GP back i was told sorry but due to an over sight the referal was only sent Yesterday.I gave them the fax number and when i phoned the hospital back they had just recieved it .
Just keep phoning ask to speak to the practic manager and ask why it is taking so long,and get a fax number for the WLS team.
Good Luck hope you get an answer soon

good luck

Hope they get it sorted for you soon zns. Just keep perstering them or ask the secretary for a copy of the referral and post it yourself. x

Sorry to hear everything has been so slow thus far! Some doctors really need a boot up the arse don't they!!!!

its not the docs its there lazy bloody secraterys !

Aye. It probably is!! I really expected issues with mine but I have nothing but praise for them!!! I may take a box of chocs in to say thanks for doing it so quickly!!!

Back