• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Referred Yesterday....

OMG i spoke to her today and i had an answer for everything. She said every thing i thought she would and i shot her down in flames every time - so chuffed with myself. She parted with 'maybe the balloon would be better for you' I was like 'well we will see what the surgeon says...'
I think i made her realise although we are both obese ( and I am morbidly so) my problems are completely different. She suffers no ill affects from her weight whereas I am falling to bits and feel about 90 every day:rolleyes:
..and I am 4 inches smaller than her so its all squished onto a much smaller frame...anyway that's that battle won - thanks for your support guys!!!

Hi Lost
I missed your original post sorry but if it's any consulation my hubby also said that our marriage would fail as i would leave him when i was skinny ( he too is morbidly obese) my mother did'nt want me to do it more so out of worry than anything else. It just takes time to bring them round but as others have said it's about you. I have spent my life being ridiculed and my kids have only known a fat mum. My health was starting to go i could'nt walk far, in general just could'nt do much of anything without being out of breath. I just talked to those who were worried but said nothing would change my mind and i would like their support. They did come round and i had my bypass 12 days ago. A lot of negative comments come from jealously and insecurity but by hubby agreeing to go with you to appointments should help. Good Luck x
ps i was looking for fellow Scots just yesterday so nice to meet you x

Glad that you aren't letting others emotional blackmail and insecurities stand in the way of the quality of life you want and deserve by getting WLS. Good on you x

Whoo letter is in initial consultation on 22nd october with Mr Galloway at gartnavel in Glasgow - what should I expect girlies???

Congrats on your appt date :D

My initial consultation was between me and the surgeon. Spoke about my eating habits and diet history. What my ailments were. Discussed options of surgery eg. band bypass, disregarded sleeve for me. Explained the process, pre op diet, the surgery , post op diet and expectations from the surgery.

He weighed me and then booked me an appointment.

All PCT's are different and work the system differently. But I would assume the initial consultation goes along the info lines mainly discussing which surgery is best for you

Good luck and keep us informed :D

so at the intial consultation once you agree on whats good for you is it a case of booking the appointment for your surgery?

Ok so I was referred to a Bariatric surgeon, I have read a good bit and have decided I will probably want to go for a band and I was absolutely delighted and elated when i left the GP's surgery yesterday.
Then I text my sister my best friend and my husband to tell them.......best friend thinks I am being selfish putting my kids through this and says I shouldn't even go to the initial appt, hubby (after having a few beers with his work friends) tells me it will probably end our marriage and sister says she will support me no matter what.
My mind is all swirly this morning :sigh: i don't want to be trapped in this body anymore, I want to be alive and not be dependant on a carer in later life, i don't want my weight to affect my two girls....am I doing the right thing?
Hi There,
Iam just new on here.One of the other girls was telling me you are going for gastric band.I didnt manage to read all your posts can you tell me how long you waited to get refered.Any information would be appreciated iam in ayrshire myself..So i think we could maybe be seeing the same doctors as i dont think many do it in scotland.
Thanx
Lex

Welcome Lex! I basically put everything down on a piece of paper and went to my doc and said here's why I need help and would like to be referred. I did my homework beforehand and knew I complied with the NICE guidelines ( my BMI is around 45 at the mo) and had also tried both xenical and reductil in the past few years as well as Cambridge , AllaboutW8, slimfast, Atkins, WW, excercise.....just about everything!! I am lucky my GP has been with me every step of the way and she agreed to refer me with no issues. I even took names of surgeons with me lol. I was referred about a month ago and have my intial appointment on the 22nd of Oct whoopee!! I'll keep y'all updated on how it goes :)

So I promised my doc i would stick with the local NHS weight management service whilst waiting appointments and surgery etc.....but am now gonna have to miss the next 2 meetings :( Tomorrows because I have 2 very sick kids off school and even tried to get a babysitter - no joy...and then I am away on holiday for the next one....Feeling like a failure I have not written down one thing this fortnight - the diet is a logistical nightmare ...and being the only non OAP in the group really had an impact...my lifestyle is just so very different....and I had flu last week - ok am out of excuses.........:break_diet:

Was back at weight management for my physio today and got chatting with the receptionist - shes going to get the dietician to call me and see about moving to a new group...I was so jealous today the group that was in were all laughing and chatting theres none of that in the group I am in...I just feel like I can't relate.....so maybe this will be a positive :)

Hi LOST
Nice to "see" you. I would'nt worry too much about feeling as if you can't relate its early days for you and these things take time maybe a new group will make you feel more comfortable and relaxed. Also you are not deliberatly missing the groups its hard when you have sick kids plus a pre planned holiday. Hope you get it sorted soon x

Back