• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Regrets?

Roccosmummy

Does anyone regret revising from the band to more invasive wls? Or perhaps regret ever choosing to have a band in the first place?
Just wondering!

I have no regrets at all. I only wish I'd gone for the sleeve in the first place.

I'm glad I didn't choose the band. I realise that's not quite what you're asking!

I've not bothered looking back, I made an informed decision at the time, it didn't do what I needed it to but now I have....I hate having an unhealthy relationship with food & think that as well as physical surgery I may need a little head chat :)

I cant wait to get my revision surgery done and start losing weight again...

choosing the band was the worst thing I ever did.. I self funded the band back in 2004 and I sooooo wish I had opted for sleeve or bypass ..

I was not brutally honest with myself about how much of a sweet tooth I had ....

There is actually a part of me that is glad it has slipped so that ive been able to get on the road to revision...

My fiancee has lost a huge 25/26st over the last 7 years.. he actually had 2 bands removed.. the first one (self funded) slipped so he had it removed by emergency surgery in st marys in London..

They gave him a second band on the NHS and less than 2 years later it had eroded and needed to be removed as an emergency too.. He went on to have the duodenal Switch and never looked back...

So between the 2 of us we have had 3 bands and none of them have been ideal in the long term...

why was yours revised Victoria??

trace xx

Last edited:
What's it like having a slipped band? How do you know if its an emergency? Just interested to know as u've been through it

band fitted 16.01.14

What's it like having a slipped band? How do you know if its an emergency? Just interested to know as u've been through it

band fitted 16.01.14

Hi emma ive only had a slight slippage which made me very ill for about 10 days till it settled..

the hospital I went to have no bariatric unit so didn't realise quite what was going on..

But my fiancée has just said if you have a bad slippage you will know straight away as its extremely painful and you cant swallow your own saliva....

He has had one slipped and removed and then had it replaced ... Then the replaced one eroded into his tummy even though it was completely unfilled at the time... He said the erosion was even worse pain wise...

So if you experience a big slippage/erosion it will very apparent ...

Tracey xx

Back