• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon removal

loz31uk

just wondering did people have sedation or just throat spray when they got there balloon removed also was it worse getting it inserted or removed thanks xx

anybody :)

I don't know the answer. I'm sure someone does though. To be honest I'm clueless about the balloon. I actually thought it eventually deflated and you pooped it out. Lmao. In fact I'm pretty sure I might have told a friend of mine that who was considering having one that.

I had sedation and the throat spray. I won't lie - it's not a pleasant experience but it's shorter, and therefore not as bad, as having it put it. It takes about ten minutes in total. I would definitely have the sedation if you can - mind you I have a very strong gag reflex so I don't think I could have done it without.

thanks weeble think i will be having sedation too how where you the days after it was took out x

oh good just wasnt sure if would be ill or not ive only had mine in 7weeks n lost 25lbs x how much did you lose if you dont mind me asking x

I found the balloon stopped working for me after about 6 weeks. However, I was really in the dieting zone and lost 7 stone with the balloon in and then a further 5 stone in the next six months. I then took 18 months to put it all back on.

I then had a band on the NHS which failed and I didn't really lose anything (a few stone off and a few stone on).

Last week I had my band revised to a bypass and I feel better than I have done in a year or two.

well im hoping for bypass after balloon so hopefully i lose more weight before its took out in june x sounds like you been through a bit of a tough time hun x

Back