• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Goodbye old friend!!

wobblyshirl

After nine months with my balloon it was removed on Tuesday under general anesthetic, which was a surprise. Still at least i didn't know what was going on, mind you got a nice sore throat. The removal seems to have aggrevated my hiatus hernia so tummy giving me a bit of jip. The good new is I managed to lose 4.25 stones with its help. I'm going in next Wednesday to have a bypass done and getting a bit nervous to say the least. And isn't the pre-op diet wonderful lol.

One thing puzzled me, the pre-op diet for the balloon removal, same as the pre-op for the bypass, but couldn't have any vegetables, fruit or fibre. Done wonders for my bowels, I think they've stopped working. But what i was going to say was does anyone know why no fibre was allowed?

:wave_cry:

Hiya Shirl and welcome aboard!! I wish I could answer your question xx Maybe one of our banders, Weeble , might know as she had a balloon prior to her band xx

It's certainly a weird one isn't it? I thought fibre would be out your system quick so it wouldn't impact anything for your surgery.

I hope you enjoy the next stage of your journey xxx

Hi, i am so pleased you lost 4 stones!! wow. i am looking into this but cant find much on the balloon on this site or many others. can you help me with a few questions?
what is the average weight loss? (i have 5 stone to lose)
what is the cost?
what can u eat whilst the balloon is in?
how is it inserted? are you awake during the procedure.
any help would be so appreciated xx

Oooh congratulations on the 4+ stone weight loss :)

Good luck with your bypass on Weds xx

Back