• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

researching gastric band surgery in south wales

julie collier

Hi im new to this site. I was just researching gastric band surgery and came across this site. Read a few of your comments and found them very useful. I am a very miserable overweight person at present but everyone I speak to about this surgery seems negative. They really do not know how I feel. any advice on hospitals, price, aftercare etc ... oh and whether i would be doing the right thing??? xxxx look forward to your replys. I am from south wales x

:welcome:Hi Julie, welcome to the forum. I'm for banding soon but mine is nhs so I can't really help but I'm sure there are lots of peeps on here that can advise you as there are a few from your area I think. Good luck in your search for wls. xx Gaynor xx

Hi Julie i lived in south wales for 12 years both my kids still live there.

I went private with surgicare for the bypass it would be a good idea for you to try and talk to a dietitian who would be able to assess your eating habits and advise you on if you should have the band or bypass, i would suggest your GP could refer you, but i also know funding in wales is just about non-existant for the actual surgery.

Hi Julie, I'm from South Wales also. I have put some info on another thread re S.Wales - I don't know how to do a link, so I will bump the other thread in order that it is near to yours. Any questions, support etc please just ask. I know what it is like to live in an area where WLS doesn't really exist. Lv Jenni

PS The thread is called: Band or Bypass, where do I start.

thanx for your reply
:welcome:Hi Julie, welcome to the forum. I'm for banding soon but mine is nhs so I can't really help but I'm sure there are lots of peeps on here that can advise you as there are a few from your area I think. Good luck in your search for wls. xx Gaynor xx

Hi Julie

I'm also living in s wales (wrote the previous post called 'band or bypass, where do I start?') Cant believe funding in S wales is so useless, typical! I've been researching private routes but still confused, there's so much! Anyway, just wanted to say I too am a miserable overweight person so your not alone! Chin up! We'll get there!

Back