• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ippy dippy dation my operation..........

Tyraboots

Thursday 28th.
Arrive promptly at L&D at 9am. Get checked in,sit in waiting area waiting for socks. Man in front of me in gown, stockings legs wide open with all his 'goods' on display. I hint to him I can see your willie, he laughs it off, 'Can you put your legs together please!' this time he complies.
We are told my op will be at 11am, Mr Date comes by and says approx 11.30am.
Anyway it turns out to be a 6 hour wait. I go in at 3.45pm and come out at 8pm.
I get filled for my socks, gowned up and walked into the theatre.
The anaethesiologist puts the mask near my face and it relaxes me. I have no nerves whatsoever, I cannot believe it! Then the anaesthetic kicks in. (No wonder Michael Jackson was addicted to this!) You feel your body fill with a luxurious warmth and feeling of well being.
I wake up in the HDU. Full of morphine and feeling great!
I was boiling hot, super hot, it was killing me. They gave me a fan.
I heard one of the nurses say, 'is that the one who got out of the cot?' When I asked what they were chatting about. Apparently in theatre when they were waking me, I stood up in the bed, clambered over the sides, (which explains the scratching all over my arms) successfully walked grabbed my tripod drugs and announced I was leaving!
I would never have been able to do this manoever drug free, so there you go.
Friday in HDU was great, one on one nursing, morphine etc, but not much sleep, felt hyper, halucinated a bit, had weird dreams. Then moved to ward 22.
Saturday was wretched. No other word to describe it. Sick as a dog, feeling nauseaous all the time, hot and pain ridden. The oramorph was disgusting, like drinking petrol. Sipping water was producing a great heaviness in my chest that was murder. No sleep Friday night. Saturday night I eventually fell asleep for 12 hours straight, although without cpap machine, woke Sunday morning with a thick head. Got discharged at 10am, waited until 3.30pm for meds to leave with.
Got a lift to my parents, then onto home. Last night had a good sleep, unfortunately period put in an appearance during the night. Otherwise a good sleep.
Monday.
trying to drink my fortimel, luckily it is gorgeous. I'm going to try half this am, then half pm. Weighed myself this morning, (as we do!) down to 131, from 134 on Thursday.

Great to read your thread, so glad you are home safe and sound, here's wishing you a speedy recovery, shall look forward to reading more. Take care xxxx

Good to hear you're home and safe!

Lol at the man with his wedding tackle on display, I'd of been in stitches!!! :D:D:D

Glad everything went well, wishing you a speedy recovery and remember to take it easy!

Cuppa xx

OMG,the pervy git,should of had his bits off! dirty sod.Anyway glad your done and recovering at last.Maz x

Oh Tyra i'm so sorry for laughing but that was one of the funniest posts i've ever read.... It wasn't the willy that made me laugh it was the thought of you climbing over the rails to leave but making sure you took your drugs with you... Tears are pouring down as i type lol lol..

Glad you're home and feeling up to saying hi xxx

Well done Tyra lol!! Bet they won't forget you.... :D

Speedy recovery (hugs)

Hahaha, sounds like you had a good stay in hospital...willies and escape attempts!!
Look after yourself and keep us updated x

Back