• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Returning for some much needed support

christmasfairy1

Hi guys
I was on here many moons ago leading up to and past my bypass.
in short I got to target but was left with horrendous skin, so opted for a tummy tuck.
whilst I was under the surgeon decided there would be a much better finish if he e did an extended abdomnioplasty with lateral thigh lift ( the begining of the end) surgery didnt go well , spent much longer on the table than expected
lost a lot of blood and required transfusing 3 times.
ive never felt so ill!
12 days after surgery I bled out in the kitchen at home and was rushed into hospital and into surgery. A large haematoma was removed and several vessels sealed.
my body went into a state of catabolism which resulted in my anastomosis enlarging.
consequently I haved now put on just under 5 stone.
I am abs devistated as my gastric surgery was such a success and saved my life.
I am terrified im on my way back up to the 20 st 4 I once was !
Any advice, suggestions or just a reach out friendly shoulder would be gratefully recieved.
I have contemplated re starting the pre op dietvthen moving on in stages like just after the op itself to see if that would do anything for me
I cant afford corrective surgery and quite frankly dont really want to go under the knife again ( unless medically necessitated)

In short- I guess I hope someobe reads this and can offer some help?
Thank you

Hello and welcome back
I cant help at all but noticed you have been waiting a while for a hello!
im sure someone with more knowledge will swing by soon and offer advise
in the mean time take care of yourself

Christmas fairy, if you want a buddy doing the pre op diet I've started today. I'm sorry to read what you have gone through. I think to use this forum as a sound board and support is a good thing. Are you able to make contact with the team that helped through your surgery for the by pass?

Oh bless you hunni can't really offer advice but didn't want to read and run

Christmas fairy, if you want a buddy doing the pre op diet I've started today. I'm sorry to read what you have gone through. I think to use this forum as a sound board and support is a good thing. Are you able to make contact with the team that helped through your surgery for the by pass?

Thanks hun I contacted the team and was reffered for an endoscopy which I had and once the anastamosis was discovered as having enlarged because of the catabolism tgat was it! :-/

Can you let me know what you've had today? I've had 3 pints of S's milk, 2 small nas jelly and a ( which I thought was a yoghurt) fromage frais still was 0 percent fat but think I've got wrong ones

I've had four Tesco Ultra slim - got to have 800 calories and dietitian suggested these as they have all the vitamins etc that you need. Black tea or coffee and 2litres of water. Boy is it hard though x

I've had four Tesco Ultra slim - got to have 800 calories and dietitian suggested these as they have all the vitamins etc that you need. Black tea or coffee and 2litres of water. Boy is it hard though x

Im just going by what I vagely remember doing before, had a massive slip last night/ this morning its difficult as I was so motivated when I had op date in b site, ive never been able to diet thats how I ended up so big, I have 0 motivation.:-/
But being terrified of ending back there doesnt seem to frighten me into doing it grrrr so angry with myself
Btw because ive only just joined back again it wobt let me pm you.:-/

Im just going by what I vagely remember doing before, had a massive slip last night/ this morning its difficult as I was so motivated when I had op date in b site, ive never been able to diet thats how I ended up so big, I have 0 motivation.:-/ But being terrified of ending back there doesnt seem to frighten me into doing it grrrr so angry with myself Btw because ive only just joined back again it wobt let me pm you.:-/

I think you are spot on it is easier when you have an op date. It is a shame you can't pm me. Are you on Twitter? My psychotherapist-part of the WLS advised me to throw out my scales, I went to weight myself last night, and they had gone my husband has hidden them, it was a good thing cos if I had got on them and not seen a loss I would have probably thrown the towel in. I'm having to take it hour by hour to get through this, I'm so hungry. The brain is such a powerful item. Be kind to yourself you have been through a lot of trauma. I downloaded 'bioring" app, it helps you slow down your eating and limits your eating, though does not stop the binge eating, but it certainly does make you eat mindfully. Joining back and reading other forums I think does help you, you don't feel so alone. X

I think you are spot on it is easier when you have an op date. It is a shame you can't pm me. Are you on Twitter? My psychotherapist-part of the WLS advised me to throw out my scales, I went to weight myself last night, and they had gone my husband has hidden them, it was a good thing cos if I had got on them and not seen a loss I would have probably thrown the towel in. I'm having to take it hour by hour to get through this, I'm so hungry. The brain is such a powerful item. Be kind to yourself you have been through a lot of trauma. I downloaded 'bioring" app, it helps you slow down your eating and limits your eating, though does not stop the binge eating, but it certainly does make you eat mindfully. Joining back and reading other forums I think does help you, you don't feel so alone. X

Thanks for replying, I think its just me that cant instigate a pm, I can reply to them I think.
I was going great until about 3 ish this morning and gave into a piece of toast then once I ate that I thought stuff it ive already blown it and so it went on.
Try and pm me lets see if it works.

You can pm when you get to 50 posts.

Seems you have created a new profile if your post count has gone back to zero. What was your user name when you were on here before? I might be able to find your profile and reactivate it....

Well thats the thing it was the sane, I tried to sign in when I decided to become active again and couldnt so I signed up with a new account ising the details I believed I had used before , it may have been 1christmasfairy ?

Xenia 67 -just wondering how you are getting on with pre op diet?? Sending you hope and hugs A x

Hi, thanks for asking. It is still very hard but as each day goes by I feel a bit stronger. Energy levels are so so as by the time I've walked the dogs and done a days work it do feel tired. However, I have to be grateful that I have not got to prepare food for others, my husband cooks his own food, and I don't have children, so my heart goes out to those that do, as that must be so hard. How are you doing?

I did great all weekright up until yesterday when we went to a christening, big massive fail!
I do have yo do the cooking for evetyone else most nights doing up to 3 different meals its been really hard going, how much is it costing u to do the ultta slim? I dont really feel the milk/ yogurt thing is having an effect :/
Have you weighed in yet?
Well im going to get back on it today see how long before I cant cope any longer :p

I bought six boxes and it is on offer at the moment - 3 for ten pounds, you get 10 sachets in each box, so that will take me through the 14 days. I could have died today three people came into the office eating Burger King, the smell was so good. Got offered a chip, the chap did not know I was on a diet, it took all my strength to so no.

God burger king I aplaued you! Im fed up already ive weighed in and nothings moving.
I feel frustrated.
I dont know weth er to try ultra slim im just put off by sugar content, when I d I d the pre op before, the weight dropped off, I dont know what im doing wrong

Back