• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Revision from Band to MGB - Chris De Bruyne . . .help!

top_kat

That's lovely thank you so much for your feedback, I have booked any my surgery date is July 1st, going to pay my deposit today and also book my flights :)

I'd read about the omeprazole and I have some here so will be taking those so I don't have to pick up that prescription there.

I'm going through the whole GA thing right now, that what if I don't wake up and they've also advised they will extend the length of the bypass due to restriction or lack of it from my band so that's helped a lot too :)

SUNSHINE

Hi. My surgeon advised me to take omaprazole before and after surgery. My gp gave me the prescption to cover both which is much cheaper than getting it abroad.

Tia4908

Thanks both, I couldn't remember the name of them! I haven't yet handed my GP all the documentation I received so haven't started my prescription here yet. I'll finish what I currently have then go see him!

Best of luck for July, I really hope they put your mind at ease over the GA, there is nothing we can do or say to make you feel better but look at us all here going strong from it! You will be okay!! They really will do anything to help.

Please keep us updated on how you get on!

top_kat

Thank you, my pre-op stuff arrived yesterday, it's even more comprehensive than it ever was for my band, although I'm tempted to just hit the milk diet (it says milk in there so it takes out the option of food and risking them not doing surgery)

It's becoming more real by the day!

SUNSHINE

Thank you, my pre-op stuff arrived yesterday, it's even more comprehensive than it ever was for my band, although I'm tempted to just hit the milk diet (it says milk in there so it takes out the option of food and risking them not doing surgery)

Top cat. I remember in 2012 we were both having bands and now both having sleeves abroad. From you photo you have done really well

Tia4908

I just did 2 weeks of Cambridge diet beforehand! Then a final meal the night before (As advised by Bart!) Best of luck to you both :)

Branches

Ooh what stuff do you have? I was thinking about doing the milk diet too. It seems pretty low calorie, good for shrinking the liver, and seems to kick start the weight loss off nicely.

I am having a sleeve in August in Belgium. I look forward to hearing more about your journey!

SUNSHINE

Ooh what stuff do you have? I was thinking about doing the milk diet too. It seems pretty low calorie, good for shrinking the liver, and seems to kick start the weight loss off nicely.

I am having a sleeve in August in Belgium. I look forward to hearing more about your journey!
Kim. The milk diet is very difficult to just start it on the last 2 weeks. Start a low fat and carb diet now then ease yourself into the milk. This is from experience.

Branches

Kim. The milk diet is very difficult to just start it on the last 2 weeks. Start a low fat and carb diet now then ease yourself into the milk. This is from experience.

Thanks Sunshine, I have done the Cambridge Diet and Slim and Save more times than I've had hot dinners! Hopefully it will be similar to that!

top_kat

I did the milk diet as pre-op for my band and I didn't find it difficult to start from normal eating to the milk diet, in fact for me, it helped focus my mind and helped get me on track. I am actually tempted to do 4 weeks of milk diet as the temptation to eat and then eat things I shouldn't be is pretty great right now. It is similar Kimberleyski to the Cambridge diet, although on my milk diet I do not have the oxo or stock cube drink as its just ewwwwww so just milk and yohgurt for me. I dont do shakes so this was the easiest way for me. Pre my band surgery I also lost 17lbs and although weight loss isn't the aim of the pre-op my liver was in great condition which as they found an abcess on my liver when they did my gallbladder surgery in December it's probably not in the best conditon so I need to give it every possible chance.

Who are you having your sleeve with Kimberley?

Branches

I did the milk diet as pre-op for my band and I didn't find it difficult to start from normal eating to the milk diet, in fact for me, it helped focus my mind and helped get me on track. I am actually tempted to do 4 weeks of milk diet as the temptation to eat and then eat things I shouldn't be is pretty great right now. It is similar Kimberleyski to the Cambridge diet, although on my milk diet I do not have the oxo or stock cube drink as its just ewwwwww so just milk and yohgurt for me. I dont do shakes so this was the easiest way for me. Pre my band surgery I also lost 17lbs and although weight loss isn't the aim of the pre-op my liver was in great condition which as they found an abcess on my liver when they did my gallbladder surgery in December it's probably not in the best conditon so I need to give it every possible chance.

Who are you having your sleeve with Kimberley?

Did they send it to you, or was it something you ordered from somewhere yourself?

I am having mine with Chris debruyne too in August. So far they have just told me to eat a low fat diet 2 weeks before the op.

top_kat

They sent me a pre-op diet sheet to follow for 4 weeks prior to surgery. But the milk diet is something that I did pre-band, and literally is just milk and a couple of yoghurts and it worked very well for me if I can take food out of the equation it works for me, and also helps to set the mind in place (it helped me with the band being on liquids only too)