• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ruthie - as you hurtle towards your 1st anniversary

Muttley1900

First of all, fantastic achievement of getting to both your target and starting the maintaining part of your weight loss surgery journey in such a short time.

Now, as you approach your first year surgery date (30th this month isn't it?) are you planning on celebrating in someway and if so how?

Over the last year, name just one thing that has been the best and one thing that has been the worst for you post op.

However you plan to celebrate next Friday have fun.

Wow thank you Muttley. I hadn't thought about celebrating and anyway a Friday means the Jewish Sabbath is about to begin, and in winter it begins *really* early. We've got guests coming for dinner; guests I have NO intention of mentioning it to as I haven't told them I've had surgery.

Thanks for your continued support Muttley; you're a good mate :)

Um best thing and worst thing?

Best thing: Losing the weight, feeling and looking great and being 90% arthritic pain free!

Worst thing? Honestly? Can't think of anything. It's been a great, positive journey. If I was to really really struggle to find something bad, it could be : I can no longer eat steak. But beeeg deeel :)

I hadn't thought about celebrating and anyway a Friday means the Jewish Sabbath is about to begin...

Mmm, we should be popping into Brent Cross on Sunday 2nd Dec for a little shopping - would you like to meet up and let us buy you a skinny latte in celebration of your achievement?

Wow that's really sweet of you Muttley. Two problems with that great idea:

1. I am working from 10-4 on the 2nd December, teaching a new antenatal class. Once 4 pm comes the last thing I feel like doing is going out; I am knackered!! I'll meet you another day though, gladly! Love to!

2. I don't drink skinny latte. Or coffee at all as it happens. Glad to meet you for a tea with lemon though!

No worries. Unfortunately with you not being able to meet up then doesn't mean I get out of shopping at Brent Cross the first Sunday of December.

Suggest another Sunday Ruthie, prob after the season of Christmas shopping would be best, and we should be able to make it (given enough warning) - and perhaps others can turn up too, make it an unofficial 'north London meet-up'?

Oh, skinny latte, tiny tea, calorie free hot chocolate... The choice is yours :)

Well. I'm away till the 2nd January, then on the 6th I start teaching yet another new course, so we could meet up on the following Sunday the 13th? I'd be happy to meet any other people who are within striking distance of Brent Cross shopping centre!

Last edited:
Back