• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SAD BUT TRUE

BlueDiamond

Hello Guys and Gals....

I was just sitting here pondering about this site ( as u do:p) and the lovely people that submit threads/post for information or advice even and all the help we give each other regardless if it is emotionally or to do with any problems that may arise, or simply too offload what ever stresses/problems/nice things that we encounter every day of our lives ( Yes even the weather and tv stuff too :D) and then it also occured too me about the people that start their wls journies with us and once they seem too have gotten over that first few weeks etc ........they seem to vanish and never too be seen or heard of again :sigh: (maybe they post once or twice every other month/year)

I know not every one is like this but I cannot imagine not logging on this site for at least a day, even when I have been abroad and gone into the internet cafe's logging on here , wether it be too have a browse or if I am able to give someone some advice who knows.......................But as the title states - sad but true - to those who never darken our doors again :break_diet:all the best - MeJulie xx

Some people just need that initial support then go about there everyday lives once a routine is established, some people struggle and are embarassed to post because of this and thats another reason ppl disappear which they shouldnt as this forum is about offering a helping hand thru both good and bad times along each others wls x

I completely agree! And I will do my best not to become one of them!

I know what you mean and i must admit i do read the forum 3/4 times a day but dont comment unless i feel its needed not because i think i know everything its just most things are answered by the intelligent and informed people on here and long may that continue.

same here

I know what you mean and i must admit i do read the forum 3/4 times a day but dont comment unless i feel its needed not because i think i know everything its just most things are answered by the intelligent and informed people on here and long may that continue.

I also do the same. sometimes i log on to just read the forum and diaries but don't make any comments as i don't know much. I must admit that i did actually vanish for few months after i joined as I didn't have internet and i was having problems with housing. But i will definately keep coming to this site as this site gave me so much. You ladies are so helpfull and lovely. Though I have never been to any of the meetings as my circumstations were not in favour but i know everyone of us are going through the same emotional feelings. Thank you my wonderful friends for all of your support.

Julie, thanks a lot hun for posting this threat.

Some people just need that initial support then go about there everyday lives once a routine is established, some people struggle and are embarassed to post because of this and thats another reason ppl disappear which they shouldnt as this forum is about offering a helping hand thru both good and bad times along each others wls x

I totally agree with you there Liz...I know personally while I was waiting, it became almost all-consuming....it was all I could think about. But now I'm done, I do have to put more effort back into my studies, family & business and basically start living my life, rather than dreaming about how my life would be. That said, I hold everyone on here very dear to my heart and while I may not get on here as often as I'd like, I do think about everyone and how they are getting on xxxx

I agree Julie but i guess everyone has there reasons. I feel abit lost sometimes as there are so few people on here now that are at a similar stage to me and this makes me feel like i have less in common with people who are just starting their journeys but if i can give them advice i do xxx

I cant imagine not logging on to see how everyone is doing......I know when I have a busy day sometimes its teatime or later when I get on and I feel like I need a letter from my Mum for not "clocking in" lol.....I know people have busy lives etc and some people just dont feel like they need the support anymore. I am far too comfortable here Im afraid so If dont "clock on" for any reason I wont be far away :D XX

The majority of us feel guilty as Jacqui says... I am always keen to know how everyone is on the day and to wish everyone well... and I truly hope that there will always be a space in my life for the forum, that is my hope for the future.

Since there has been a lot of work in setting up this forum and a lot of experience gone before, it's great to see people who have been really helpful returning back when they can...

All that we can do is our best to keep it going and to support each other as much as we possibly can through the rollercoaster ride of wls...

Love and hugs to everyone xxx

I'm just really glad to have found more information about people that are local!

MeJulie, this has 'ticked' me off for a while... Some of them come back when they're struggling, suddenly they 'find' the time to come back and visit!

I try and log on every day and to answer with words of advice, support or encouragement. Way i see it, people like Liz were here for me when i first started. If i can help others the way Liz and co helped me then i'm a happy bunny! Not just a case of you reap what you sow, you also have to replant!

Never forget your friends and your friends won't forget you xx

In life there are givers and takers. I don't mean this in a bad way, it's just 'as it is'. It's also a lot to do with the person you are. Some people find it very strange to actually class people they've never met as 'friends', but that's what people become. I've never met anyone from here, well, 1 actually at a recent meeting, but she's not a regular poster, but I still feel a 'friendship' has built with certain members.

There are people that, once they've got where they are happy with, don't need the help any more and just go. There are people, like myself, who don't really need any advice from here, I know what I need to do, but still care enough about other people to pop in daily and have a browse through and offer advice and support where I can.

Like I've said, I'm not having a go at people who leave, we're just all different. That's what makes humans so interesting :)

MeJulie, this has 'ticked' me off for a while... Some of them come back when they're struggling, suddenly they 'find' the time to come back and visit!

some people are selfish and only come here when it "suits" them, to take and give nothing back to others, its a bit naff but thats life i guess :sigh:

I try and log on every day and to answer with words of advice, support or encouragement. Way i see it, people like Liz were here for me when i first started. If i can help others the way Liz and co helped me then i'm a happy bunny! Not just a case of you reap what you sow, you also have to replant!

aww Julie u speak so kindly of me thankyou, i like what you have to say, even when i was doing ok with my bands i always found the time to come here and help others if i could offer the correct advice, im now starting again but needing advice here and there as well as still giving it regarding banding, support is key to wls success, people that have a good support network do far better in the long run than those that chose to go it alone, thankyou for being there for me, i appreciate it x

Never forget your friends and your friends won't forget you xx

thankyou for being my friend, maybe 1 day we can meet up ....huggs from me to you xxx

I have logged on a few times since I came home but I am still getting over the trauma of what happened to me. Once I have wrapped my head around things then I hope to be contributing again. I do not want to come back and be negative. I want to be able to provide a positive contribution.

When I am ready I will come back and properly thank everyone for the kind messages of sympathy etc and hopefully offer some positive support to my fellow bander's.

tranquil x

So lovely to hear from you TB, and you have been missed but we understand why you havnt been posting much. You must come back when you are ready and you will be very welcome.
Julie and Liz your posts have just reminded me of what the psychologist told me when I went to see her pre-op. I told her I was a member here and found it really helpful and she said people who join forums with like-minded people who also have WLS do so much better than people who dont. That made my mind up to try even more to keep coming back here, not that the lovely people here wasnt enough to keep me here anyway :D XX

I'd just like to thank EVERYONE on the site - I've learned more from reading on these forums than most of the books I've read!

Well I have been on this site for approximately 8 months, WLS and previously on and off Minimims.

This site has helped me enormously with my WLS especially at the beginning when I didnt know what to expect.

I do feel now that I dont need as much support and reassurance as I did when I started, I am one of the lucky ones who have sailed through this op. However, to me, it is a bit like horses, you never know everything so I try and get on at least once a day. Sometimes I just read and I also find it daunting when a thread that I missed is almost 30 posts long.

The people who dont come on as much, perhaps its because their life if more fulfilled and surely that is a good thing. People come and go throughout your life and it is a thing that we have to accept.

I also think the site should be a place where you can just drop in when you want to and you shouldnt feel guilty if you are too busy enjoying life.

As Mixxy said, there are givers and takers, I think I am a taker but am a very honest one, but do try to give just a wee bit back when I can.

Good to see you Tranquil... you are much loved and have been much missed... great to see you back and we are waiting for Neen to return, I'm not sure if she is away.

Loving hugs as always Tranquil. xxx

Back