• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SAD BUT TRUE

TB firstly good to see you and i really hope you are having better days. Me Julie (so not to confuse you Julie's lol) i'm one of the oldies and originals lol and it drove me mad waiting for broadband to be installed here so i could get back on. I do check in every day too and would really miss talking to my virtual friends and i also love helping out when i can so guess you are stuck with me lol xx

Allie Angel... I always think of you as one of foundation stones, as in knowledge and loyalty to the forum, amongst others and it's such a great pleasure to have you as a friend.

Loving hugs Angel, as always xxx

I agree Julie but i guess everyone has there reasons. I feel abit lost sometimes as there are so few people on here now that are at a similar stage to me and this makes me feel like i have less in common with people who are just starting their journeys but if i can give them advice i do xxx

Lisa - Hi, you are one of the people who we do need on here.
Us that are awaiting surgery; or newly `done` need the support of not just those who are on the same part of the journey as ourselves, but also those who are a year or two (or more) along the road.

You are the ones with the vast experience to guide, kick ass, tell off, comfort, praise etc; to us new peeps, and tell us where or how we may be missing the guidelines.
Without your invaluable experience we may get lost on the route; then maybe we can return that, by being on here for someone who will be in our shoes.

Sorry to ramble on hun x

Love Kat x

This site has been been my rock through the whole of the steps.

I dont post much, I never do to any forum, as I'm not very good at saying the right things. But when I feel I can help or if I have a question this is my venting point. I have no one I can really talk bypass too. To family around me, i've had this bypass, its been forgotten about, and I'm not 'losing' much. I feel a failure in their expectations, but then I'm a failure on here too. There was a post a few weeks ago, and I'm ashamed to say I am one of the people that should be left to basically rot. I've been immensely struggling the last few weeks, but since that post have been unable to bring my problems to the forum. As I dont contribute enough, I know what people think.

As I said, I'm really bad at getting my point across, so I hope this makes sense! There are some real diamond posters on here x

Dont say that hun, no one should be left to rot! If you are struggling this is when you should come to the forum and post. Theres always someone here who can maybe advise you and if not we can at least support you so you dont feel so alone. None of us are perfect and most of us struggle at times, I know I have for sure. Dont be a stranger (HUGS) XX

Hi everyone,

Im guilty and sorry....I do log on and read the posts and run, its not easy when I have got 2 demanding young little men in my life, with one of their birthdays just before Christmas, im up to my ears in organising things lol !! My pledge for 2011 is to be on here at least once every other day !! I hope you are all well and managing in this cold weather we are having, keeping warm.

P.S. I am heading for week two of my post-op, still on liquid stage, so far in my new journey I have already lost a stone YAY including pre-op diet xxx.

Great thread! I agree with loads of the comments that have been made.

I've been a member of Mini's for 3 years now and at times would have been lost without the forum.

I too though am guilty of not posting as much as I should. Like Lisa, there are not that many people at the same stage as me looking for support and so I often feel I have nothing valuable to contribute to the threads that hasnt already been said. I've been guilty of not keeping my diary updated too, as I know for me, when I was pre-op the diaries gave me such inspiration. That said, I am here pretty much every day, and do read the majority of the threads as a mod to try and keep things running smoothly, so I dont feel too guilty for the lack of contribution. My contribution is unseen most of the time, if that makes sense.

I agree that the forum should be something that people can dip in and out of when needed/wanted. People shouldnt feel obliged to post here as you can get a bit worn out with the similar threads that crop up. Not that there is anything wrong with the similar threads. People will post about whatever it is that is worrying them or that they are proud of at the time.

Im just glad that we have the support network that we do here. I hope everyone feels the benefit of being a member here, and if we can offer comfort and support to those that come here, then the forum is serving its purpose.

Bev thank you so much for your kind words it really is a pleasure to be a "foundation stone". Sam you and I are around the same stage too and i'm afraid you count as one of the " oldie originals" too. You helped me along the way on many occasions and it was alaways good to have someone at the same point of their journey! I never even started a diary probably because i was always useless at keeping them going even as a teenager lol and i am guilty of not posting "around" the site. As you say Sam we will always be here when people need us and between everyone on here we collectively have so much to contribute when anyone is in need of support or advice. Big Hugs. Good thread Me Julie xx

Great thread Julie, prompted by Sam's post I just checked and I have been a member of mini's for nearly 4 years - wow.

I originally joined when I first attempted the Cambridge Diet and found the support invaluable, then moving onto the WLS side when I first joined I was hungry for information and advice which I got in bucket loads.

Now Im almost at goal I feel its my duty to pay it back and help as many others as I can.

I try to come on every day but when Im working away from home thats not always possible. The forum is very important to me but I understand its not for everyone and can get intense sometimes. I hope if any of the people who no longer post ever feel the need for support they come back here to get it.

Maz x

Hi,

I think I'm now the oldest active user of the WLS section of minis, as all the people who were here when I started posting have moved on or turned out to be a bit psycho lol. When I first joined this section, there were less than 10 active users, and I've watched it grow slowly over the years.

Until Charlie came along, I was very active, answering questions and sharing all that I had learned. I gave a lot of myself to the forum, and in return got a lot back.

I think it's unfair to expect people to stay for years after their surgery. It can get disheartening answering the same few questions over again, offering the same advice and seeing the same mistakes being made time and again. Equally, peoples lives change as a result of their weight loss. For me, I have a young baby and chronic health problems to deal with. I read most days through the iPhone app, but to post through it is a pain in the neck, so I rarely do. I always say to people if you want me, PM me.

Im happy that you OP's (original posters ;) ) are all still around.....you are all such an inspiration to us. Even though you dont post every day we know you are still around and I feel like if I wanted specific advice I would feel comfortable pm'ing one of you to ask advice so I thinks thats a good deal all around :D Thanks to each and every one of you for helping me through WLS as I know without a doubt it would have been a much scarier journey without you ((HUGS)) XX

Lisa - Hi, you are one of the people who we do need on here.
Us that are awaiting surgery; or newly `done` need the support of not just those who are on the same part of the journey as ourselves, but also those who are a year or two (or more) along the road.

You are the ones with the vast experience to guide, kick ass, tell off, comfort, praise etc; to us new peeps, and tell us where or how we may be missing the guidelines.
Without your invaluable experience we may get lost on the route; then maybe we can return that, by being on here for someone who will be in our shoes.

Sorry to ramble on hun x

Love Kat x

Ah Kat that's such a sweet thing to say and means such alot-bless ya xxx

I don't post as often as I did because I am sick of the overreaction to every little thing typed or being told that I wasn't equipped mentally because I went privately. If I post that I fainted because I got stupid and ate Skittles I get slammed. So it rarely seems worth it anymore.

I don't post as often as I did because I am sick of the overreaction to every little thing typed or being told that I wasn't equipped mentally because I went privately. If I post that I fainted because I got stupid and ate Skittles I get slammed. So it rarely seems worth it anymore.

Hello Fl...........Ty for your post, I can understand where u r coming from, when people are posting their journies on a forum as such as this and the subject of weight has always ( in my book) been a grey area , some ppl believe ( not from this site) its just a matter of exercise and diet and others feel we are taking the easy way out. But tbh even tho we are all there for each other in a virtual sense we are all doing our own journies to a degree physically, and I firmly believe that nobody should judge another person on what they do or shouldnt do, after all thats not what this forum is about, its about support/help/advice and ppl should take gr8 strength from that - Dont be a stranger - MeJuliexx

I agree with Julie, I wouldnt ever want to judge anyone for how they manage their weightloss journey and I hope I have never come across as judgemental, I make too many mistakes myself to ever judge anyone else! :D XX

I agree with Julie, I wouldnt ever want to judge anyone for how they manage their weightloss journey and I hope I have never come across as judgemental, I make too many mistakes myself to ever judge anyone else! :D XX

I know dotty and u dont come across as judgemental at all......The thing is when u post ur weight loss journey on a forum such as this , there are going to be difference of opinions and clashes from time too time, thats par for the course and I am glad it rarely happens on this forum, a few posts lately have got my goat up and I just stay away from them because its very easy to voice an opinion sitting at a laptop/comp and some times it comes out the wrong way, but if u was sat opposite the person and they heard the tone of ur voice or saw ur facial expressions it would be a different outcome altogether, ppl are opening themselves up to comments when they post on a forum such as this, and I take all comments/advice/criticism all the same.......I sit back read once, maybe half a dozen times and dont always reply str8 away because I take on board what the person has too say. after all thats what this forum is about , its like when ur doing your wl journey and u cant figure out why ya not losing weight or why ya gaining , a fresh pair of eyes makes all the difference and sometimes ppl get it wrong and sometimes ppl dont like what they read becoz sometimes the truth hurts....All the best - MeJulie xx

thinks...
have I joined a cult that I have to stay with for the rest of my life.. ..lol

I do think people naturally just move on....although I hope to be around for some time...:cool:

fashionably late..keep posting....I know how you feel as I feel like that to sometimes...
I have typed many long answers only to delete them as it could be read slightly different from how I talk.

..I hope I am not judgemental.....just a bit mental ..lol

I don't post as much as I used to but I do read & post on threads that I feel I can contribute too... I have sailed thru my experience so far so don't feel like I have much to say as I've been a lucky one!

Plus I'm not the lazy ar$e that I used to be who was happy to sit around on the sofa all day, I've found there is a life to be lived & therefore don't spend as much time on the laptop as I used too. xxx

Back