• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Saggy skin

Gunnerpunner

Hi there basically in the last 12 months iv lost around 14 stone and now am at a healthy weight. Obviously I'm pleased but the thing that's doing my head in now is the dreaded loose skin. Iv got a doctors appointment about it soon and I just wondered what other big losers have done with this similar problem and what help you have manages to get?

Cheers

First of all, wowee and congratulations on having lost 14 stones! That is a huge amount of weight. Fantastic.

I lost ten stones which, at 5' 4", had been a real trial to carry. I have loose skin on tummy, thighs, bottom, upper arms (particularly under-arms) - and saggy, kinda soft boobs. The boobs look reasonable even when I am unclothed, but they are softer to the touch than they used to be.

The area that troubled me most when I first lost the extra weight was my tum - my 'apron' of skin. I still need one size bigger on the bottom than I do on the top, due to the excess. But it has shrunk back quite a lot over the years, and so have the wrinkly inner thigh bits that once made me cringe! After two years or so those inner thighs looked almost 'normal'.

The tummy problem, I am guessing, would need surgery to properly sort-out. Not sure I could face a tummy tuck. I was referred for one by my GP but chickened-out in the end. I'd looked online for TT 'before and after' pictures, and concluded that a scar that ran all the way around my tum/upper hip area was not worth the risk. Put me in mind of the glamorous assistant who gets sawn in half by the stage musician!

Perhaps if I was younger I'd go for it. Since you have lost a lot more weight than I you may have a greater problem. My GP said that ten stones was categorised medically as 'massive weight loss' and definitely a good candidate for TT so you should surely qualify. I realise that different health authorities have differing criteria but yours is a very impressive loss.

I hope you get funding to sort-out that loose skin x

Back