• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my bypass read what happened lots of detail!

CamperLou

Hi everyone just thought I would fill some time in hospital and tell you all what happened. I had my bypass with Ammori at the alexandra hospital on Friday 26 ( yesterday!) and feel pretty good. As I was travelling from Poole we were allowed to check in the night before the op which meant I was in first thing. I had my Tests done blood tests etc and then settled down for the night. Was up at 0630 in my gown and socks and in having the op by 0830! Dr Ammori came to see me made me feel at ease and was very calm and explained everything. Met the aneathatist too who basically said it would be a quick and straight forward. The worst bit was the walk to the pre op room and then lying on some weird bed with about six staff working on me getting me ready. At this point I really started to panic was I doing the right thing was I going to wake up and going under at that moment was the best solution ! I woke up about an hour half later with slight pain in chest and two staff frantically trying to get morphine drip to work. Once this was coming through ok and painwas gone I felt ok! No wind pain no nasty cuts they'd even cleaned me up. Straight back to room and rest. My mouth was like a dessert and had sore throat from hell but that soon passed with sips of water which went down fine with no pain. Hoping to get a goods night sleep was a stupid idea as all night nurses were imams out checking everything do "handovers" Just let me SLEEP!
Day two - today
up and about showered changed dressings and went for a walk. Just taking normal pain killers now and since walking have dislodged some wind which is bit uncomfortable but ok. Had the best cup of tea ever and some beef soup yummy. Going for another walk with hubby in a mo to try and stand up straight as feel like hunching over all time. Ammori coming to see me later (he is a god ) and will add another update when I get home. Anyone thinking of bypass and has questions about op or just after just post them and I will be really honest . Thanks to everyone on here I would not have been so relaxed and sure I was doing the right thing if it wasn't for this site x ps I am using PDF so sorry if the are some weird spellings !

So glad it went well for you. I am so pleased.

Hi

So pleased it went well, take it easy and look forward to hearing your next update! x

Amazing your up and about and feeling so good so quick Well done. Look after yourself and sending hugs with fairy dust to continue your lovely recovery xx

Hi Camperlou

You sound in good health and I am convinced it is Prof Ammouri he is amazing. I had my Op with him and was the same.

Lots of rest now hun and make sure you are pampered by everyone xx

Hello CL. Glad the op is over. Sending you best wishes for a speedy recovery. Pls wave at Bournemouth for me as you pass on your way home - I grew up there.

Hi Camperlou congrats on ur surgery and WOW ur doing so well, pls take it easy and rest up take care luv Roch xx

That brings back memories for me, i also had Mr Ammori at the Alex last year, you described my exact experience right down to the silly bum pad on the table they make you lay down on :D.........was there a big Scottish bloke in the pre op room, he kept me focussed when the nerves and doubts started to kick in, like yourself walking down to pre op was the worst bit.

Good luck with your recovery

Camperlou i am so pleased to seee you are up and about already and that everything went well. Welcome to the losing side

Hi camperlou, thanks for posting all that info. Sounds as if you're doing really well. Was it keyhole? Don't overdo things - take it nice and easy. Marion xx

wow. great to see you posting so soon. Thanks for sharing xx

Hi Camperlou ... brilliant to hear that you are doing so well. Wishing you a speedy recovery and looking forward to reading about the rest of your experience - I am due for my bypass in a few days and I take great comfort from knowing that others have done it and are doing well!

Hi Camperlou.... Congratulations on your opp.... Hoping you have a speedy recovery & please do take things easy. xx

Back