• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my bypass read what happened lots of detail!

Day 2 and 3 post op

Hi everyone another update for you which is not quite so positive. Day after op I was feeling great as you all saw from my post, I was able to get down cups of tea,hot choc soup etc. Well I stayed in hospital 1 more night (Saturday) as my blood pressure was a bit low and I had a long drive home. When i woke up in the morning I felt terrible, pain, gas, wind, sickness oh it was horrible. I took some pain killers and was determined to get in the car and get home, BAD DECISION. For 5 hours I literally cried all the way home, hubby had foot to the floor, I couldn't get comfortable, the heat was givnging me panic attacks the pain was unbearable. By the time I got home I couldn't standup straight fell onto the sofa and didn't move for hours. However things did improve once I started burping some of the wind away so I just went to bed. All day i'd had no more than a small bottle of water. Slept all night but woke up with a stinking headache today, however no pain! I have been 'releasing' it at my leisure today as no one is at home :D and feel so much better for it. However appetite is not there and so far today I have managed water, glass of milk (am suspicious milk is causing some of my gas problems so going to lay of this a while) and 4 table spoons of tomato soup. Sat in the bath and had a long shower too which does make you feel better. Oh and another thing, I've got to wear these post opsocks for 2/3 weeks! No chance of catching a bit of sun on my legs then whilst i am off! Having daily injections (which hubby does for me) each morning for next 5 days to prevent blood clots. Taking 2 pink anti acids meltlets each day for next 6 months (got to check that seems ages!) and haven't touched pain relief for 12hours now. It is disgusting and I am sure it disagrees with me and causes tummy pains. Also had a bit of a cough and brought up some nasty stuff which has gone straight into a tissue and in the bin, is that normal?

Also can anyone tell me how long this wind is going to be going on for? My gut feels like it is grumbling and gurgling all the time but not a hungry feeling ??

Thanks for all your comments and messages so far

CL x

Glad you are feeling good and good luck to you with the rest of your 'new life'.

My wind pain lasted about 5 days - easing a little each day. I was also very sick for the first week and everytime I had something whatever - water, fortimel, anything, I was sick. That has got better now and am eating fine. I couldn't lie down to sleep for a good few weeks, but have no worries now. You will feel better - I promise - give it time, It is early days. Don't try to run before you can walk. x x

Well its now Tuesday 4 days since my op and I am pleased to report that I am feling better, and the wind whilst it is still there is now coming up a lot easier than before (my son said I sounded like Homer Simpson :D) I have only need pain killers late a night to help me sleep which is great as they are DISGUSTING and for the first time was able to sleep on my side last night instead of propped up on pillows. All the advice about resting and taking it easy has been great as I would have been tempted to be doing all sorts today but am going to resist this temptation and do what women generally struggle to do, sit and rest even with a pile of washing and beds to change. Before my op I was planning to go back to work next week but I am going to have to be careful about this, my energy levels are really low and I'm no where near getting the right amounts of fluids/soups in me yet, plus I am sure my colleagues won't want to hear me belching all day, better out than in I say! Whist I joke about it seriously anyone who tries to be lady like about the wind thing really needs to just let it go, it gets rind of the pain and sickness feeling so quickly!:) Thanks again for all your support you've all been a real help and i hope that in the months to come I can too be a help to people just having or planning a bypass.

Loving reading your account - looking forward to having a great excuse to be a Barney Gumble to your Homer Simpson! Glad to hear you're feeling so much better. Hope the heat isn't making you feel too uncomfortable.
Lx

congratulations on everything going well , im having mr ammorie at salford royal anytime now just wating for my date and belive me it will be the best date i will ever have had. im absolutly terified but hearing all the wonderfull coments about mr ammorie make me feel so confident that im doing the right thing and everything will be fine . and the fact that people are prepared to travel so far to get him shows how wonderfull he is i feel so privelaged take care and i hope you will be back to normall soon

Back