• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sam's Musings

Hi lovely, lots going on for you as always :)
I have auditory processing disorder which got a lot worse after the haemorrhage. I can't cope with loud noises or busy places because I can't filter out sound and it becomes overwhelming very quickly. When it gets very bad I have to use ear plugs and remove myself from situations. Is that the sort of thing you mean? I've not noticed a major change since WLS but I've always had it and it was so severe after the haemorrhage that by comparison it's more dealable now - if that makes sense?

I also know what you mean about another thing to remember. I rely on my medicine box to ensure I take everything at the right time and write a lot of other stuff in my notebook that I write everything I eat and drink in. I also note when I have a BM, if I've done my morning and bedtime physio as well as the day time routine, if I took a laxative, whether I've used pain relief gel, additional pain medication etc etc or not a chance I'd remember. I don't know about you but the key for me is making it all a habit so becomes more automatic.

Well done on your loss too :) any loss is a loss and now you've hopefully cracked the constipation issue you'll catch up again next week. You have so much to deal with you know but you get on as best you can and spend a lot of time trying to help and encourage the rest of us and I really appreciate that so thank you x

Just read you're comments about veins ..
I'm at Brentwood varicous vein hosp on the 15th .. I've always had a big vein from my bikini line down to knee cap never been a problem and couldn't really see it ...now after the weight loss it's horrendous it's all bobbly and pertruding and bloody aches.... so I'm seeing what can be done about it ...it looks awful ..another perk of weight loss ...lol x
Hope it goes well, and will interested in hearing how you get on. I know procedures for dealing with veins over the years have changed, and at some point I will do some research when I have the time, but would be great to hear what you might be offered please.

Hi lovely, lots going on for you as always :)
I have auditory processing disorder which got a lot worse after the haemorrhage. I can't cope with loud noises or busy places because I can't filter out sound and it becomes overwhelming very quickly. When it gets very bad I have to use ear plugs and remove myself from situations. Is that the sort of thing you mean? I've not noticed a major change since WLS but I've always had it and it was so severe after the haemorrhage that by comparison it's more dealable now - if that makes sense?

I also know what you mean about another thing to remember. I rely on my medicine box to ensure I take everything at the right time and write a lot of other stuff in my notebook that I write everything I eat and drink in. I also note when I have a BM, if I've done my morning and bedtime physio as well as the day time routine, if I took a laxative, whether I've used pain relief gel, additional pain medication etc etc or not a chance I'd remember. I don't know about you but the key for me is making it all a habit so becomes more automatic.

Well done on your loss too :) any loss is a loss and now you've hopefully cracked the constipation issue you'll catch up again next week. You have so much to deal with you know but you get on as best you can and spend a lot of time trying to help and encourage the rest of us and I really appreciate that so thank you x
Yes, that is how it is for me. Because mine mainly disappeared once the ME went, I now have more going on in my life, so less time out. It is probably no worse, just less manageable at the moment. I will try earplugs, well at least one so I can hear what people are saying. ;) I remember being with friends in a dining room with a hard floor and lots of voices, some exceedingly loud, and so I had to cover one ear so I could hear what they were saying. I do remove myself from situations, but it has got to the point where I am not having any social life unless it is a one to one.

Yes, its getting into the habit I have the problem with. Pills morning and evening are fine. Add any in during the day such as an antibiotic, and unless something is hurting, I forget unless it is right in my sightline. Once I am there it is no problem. I try writing things down on my 'to-do' list, post it notes, setting alarms, leaving things in obvious places, but my butterfly mind which analyses and processes constantly, particularly with so many things to do at the moment, means all my senses are over ridden so I don't hear or see things. Any interruption then I am jiggered. :( Working on my downsizing my responsibilities at the moment so less brain activity hopefully after March when my resignation from a Charity comes into force, and after May, when my OU module should be in. Have made myself extra busy as a distraction to cope with some grief and loss last year, so took on too much...

Yep I'm exactly the same with day time meds. Musicians ear plugs can be good for cutting down background noise and still letting you talk to people but they also tend to be more expensive but just thought I'd mention it.

It sounds like as well as a lot to handle work wise it must be emotionally draining downsizing :hugs:

Yep I'm exactly the same with day time meds. Musicians ear plugs can be good for cutting down background noise and still letting you talk to people but they also tend to be more expensive but just thought I'd mention it.

It sounds like as well as a lot to handle work wise it must be emotionally draining downsizing :hugs:
Thanks Fee. Not come across musicians ear plugs before, although hang around with a lot of music makers - mainly folky so perhaps they don't need them as much. The diddly, diddly type can get to me sometimes. Have just done some quick research but there is such a selection at various prices, not sure where to start! Probably not something you can return if they don't fit/feel comfortable/do the job. Will try my orange foam ones for now that I keep for when I sleep in dormitories...

It has been tough deciding what to give up, but the decision has been made slightly easier for me in that one of the charities is very likely to close at the end of March due to public sector funding cuts. It may get reborn though in a different guise, but I have let it be known this week that I won't be jumping on board for the new ride. Does mean a lot of work to do in helping to get it into closure mode though, and sorting our redundancy notices for people who have been there 23 years. That bit is emotional. :(

Constipation is back :( Thought I had it licked :mad: Trying senna tablets now as so uncomfortable and hoping I can still make it to an important meeting tomorrow without any mishaps:eek:

Lol Amazon need to start paying me commision first then complain away :D

Well, too depressed this morning (for lots of reasons) to post straight after my weekly weigh-in. :(

Have had a gain this week - my first, of 0.2kg. :mad:

Usual amount of exercise, so need to fine tune my porridge portion without getting constipated again. Recently went from individual sachets to measuring it out as I bought a different make which was cheaper (and nicer). Body is losing it according to my clothes so hopefully just a blip. Two bags of clothes ready to go to the charity shop.

Have finally made Asda @starryeyed! Bought a pack of 4 size 18 knickers earlier this week and turned out to be slightly loose. Happened to pass another store today so have bought 16's to see whether they fit. Also bought their largest T last week as current ones are starting to become loose, but doesn't go anywhere near fitting yet.

Still no call back from sleep clinic, so sleep deprivation/nightmares are not helping things. Also found out that Vit C test results a couple of weeks ago at local (ish) hospital have appeared to have gone AWOL.:mad:

Did anyone watch the NHS series programme on BBC 2 this week (it's at St Mary's Paddington). It was about WLS amongst other things, and how low down the priority waiting list the op's are. Two people were operated on, one after their 4th cancellation, and they ended up doing it in the private Lindo wing as there were beds there but not on the main ward. The other one was a third cancellation... I am so grateful I never got cancelled at my hospital, even though I had a long wait, and nearly did.
The surgeon they spoke to presented a good case for why it was justified to use the private wing and WLS in general.

Good I'm glad they helped. Sorry you've had a tiny tiny gain but I'm sure you'll even up again very soon and it definitely sounds like your body is changing :)

Yes, i can feel the changes in the past week, felt negative about the gain as I cannot see the orthopaedic surgeon about knee surgery saying to me when I eventually go for an appointment and tell him that I am now in size 16 knickers, but my BMI is still over 35, he is happy to do the op! :asskick: ;) :D:p

Hope you are feeling better about your teeny gain. It's incredibly frustrating when u are doing all the same things, I am sure it will soon start dropping off again :)

Hope you are feeling better about your teeny gain. It's incredibly frustrating when u are doing all the same things, I am sure it will soon start dropping off again :)
Thanks. :) Dropped 3lb last week, so panic over. Just can't see orthopaedic surgeon being happy with me saying I can now get into size 16 knickers, but my BMI hasn't quite reached 35! ;)

Well done you!

Back