• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First day of milk and yogurt diet

Ines4C

Dietician appointment for pre-op diet today

Today is my appointment with the dietician where I will find out when to start the pre-op diet and what to have. How do you guys behave between the appointment and the day you actually begin the diet? I struggle with wanting to eat everything I love one more time. I won't do that, but it is Really hard, especially as it is in the Easter and I won't get an Easter egg.dot.log any advice would be very helpful. For example, do you ease yourself in, replacing a few meals with the diet plan already, or do you Ede normal until the starting day?

Just keep focused that if you put weight on they won't operate and you also want to be in the best possible state for your op. the wanting to eat things one last time is the old you, let the new determine d you break through and you will be surprised how quickly the time will go :) good luck :)

So, I will start the milk and yoghurt diet on Monday. Just not sure where to store all the yoghurts... Lol. I am excited though, at least for four weeks I don't have to worry what to have for dinner... Lol. I also find yoghurts very filling, so should be okay. Just hope I won't get bored of them.

Everyone is different. I have eaten things I have fancied that I might not be able to eat ever again including a couple of last suppers (Chinese, fillet steak)! The dietician has said that as long as I stick religiously to my pre-op liver shrinking diet for the prescribed two weeks I will be fine and I will do exactly that ;) And I have had my Easter Egg already as I know it will be my last! Good luck with it all x

That's good, I mean I am sticking to a healthy eating diet now, Just want to eat one more takeout with a friend I rarely see. Will see her next weekend.

Just to be clear, don't eat anything you are not supposed to during your pre-op diet. Have it before you start ;) x

Oh I know, my diet starts Monday and I will not have anything naughty then, don't worry. I am not about to miss the one chance I have been given to get my life back. Thanks. :)

So, today is the day... First day of four weeks of only milk and diet yoghurts. So far I had three little yoghurts for breakfast and three for lunch. Had some milk in my tea but still have more than half a pint to drink. So far I don't have a problem with it at all. I bought a wide variety of mueller light yoghurts so I won't get tired of them... We'll see how it goes.

Good luck Innes you will probably have days when you never want to see another yoghurt but just stick with it, it is only a very short period in your life and really really worth it. Just keep dreaming of the new slimmer you :)

Good luck hun x

Thanks guys. Yoghurt diet is going well, except I miscalculated the calories of Mueller light yoghurts yesterday and have to eat less than I originally thought. The hardest thing about this is that, obviously my fiance eats his usual diet... Foods I absolutely love. Smelling them borders on cruelty Lol! He's not getting any sweets in for himself but he's skinny so has to eat normal which makes it harder for me.

Yes the Muller light yoghurts are bigger pots and so = less of them. I also found that weightwatchers yoghurts were smaller, half the size etc almost of the muller ones, so I also ate them, but could eat slightly more and spread them through the day.

Its difficult as I had to cook for my son etc too fully normal foods, but after day 3-4 this didnt bother me that much. hang in there!

I'm on my last day of the liver reducing diet. If you are anything like me, I craved carbs for the first 2 days and then my body seemed to adjust and I didn't find it too bad at all.

It should get easier . . .day 3/4 is the hardest and often the time when the headache will kick in .

Yes, I had a headache yesterday but feeling okay so far today. Only my stomach is a bit upset, maybe because it's still adjusting.

So today I found out that I have already lost almost half a stone since Monday when I started the pre-op diet. That's just amazing, and it really encourages me to keep going. Things are getting easier, the yoghurts fill me more and it's not got boring yet, lol.

Well it's day 12 off the diet now, cannot believe how quickly it's gone. I am sick of yoghurts, can't wait to see the end of them. Will take me a lot more though to get sick of milk, still love it. Lol. My stomach does not take kindly to this diet though, but nevermind, I am sticking it out. Yesterday I managed to eat my yoghurts with all my friends around me eating all the food I really wanted in Wetherspoons. If I can do that, I can do anything, lol

Oh I sure will, especially as I already lost 12 lbs or more. Going to weigh myself again today.

Back