• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First day of milk and yogurt diet

Well I am literally tired of yoghurts, so I have now decided to start on meal replacements, meal replacement shakes and bars. Also sometimes a healthy snack like a salad, as long as I stick to 800 cal. As I was given the choice before I started the diet, I'm sure there is no harm to it. Still, my fiance wants me to talk to my dietician about it. Do you think it would make a difference? I mean my problem is that only yoghurts really play up my stomach, so surely they wouldn't mind me changing it a bit, or would they?

you need to ask them, they are the only people who can advise you correctly ahead of your surgery ....

Only they know their rules. My hospital rules were four options, one being th milk and yoghurt and another being slimfast, other low cal and I forget the last. I could pick one each day so mon could be milk then tue could be low cal. Just once id started a day I had to stick with it. But you need to ask them babe. Xxx

Yeah well for now I probably will have to stop the diet as op has been postponed. Very upset, just angry and gutted. Thanks for your replies anyway.

Keep three meals a day. Don't eat more. If you are planning to reward yourself with a successful delivery.
Good luck.

Well there is a shortage of beds, so had to be off the diet for a while and am supposed to go back on it Thursday, but will start again tomorrow as I am hoping that something might come up earlier. You never know, maybe I will be blessed enough to get a bed before 8 May.

Having to stop like that is terrible. Do they not realise what you have been through. It isn't just about the food, but the planning time off work, having someone to be with you after the op, child care, if that is an issue, never mind the messing with your head.

My thoughts are with you and fingers crossed that you get the bed soon.

Thanks. Well yesterday I started again on the diet, difference diet though, meal replacements. So far, so good, but I am still not quite over the disappointment. Thankfully, I am not working so that is not a problem, plus haven't got children yet, but yes, the emotional rollercoaster is hard.

So, it's now day 4 off my Slim fast shakes and bars diet, with the odd low calory meal thrown in, and it's going okay, but my stomach doesn't like it still, feeling queasy today. Feeling okay otherwise though, starting to live with the postponement.

So on day 10 on the second diet, as operation was postponed. Slim fast and Adkins shakes and bars are going well, also having a few salads and light meals to spice up my diet. Lost about 6 pounds already, if not even a bit more. Bear in mind that between the diets I was majorly naughty because of emotions being up and down due to the postponement. Anyway, am doing really well, but my stomach is still acting up. Still have 18 days to go on diet, so I'm not even halfway there, but I can live with it better than with the yoghurt and milk diet, As I can vary it a little bit so that I don't crave either sweet or savoury foods.

So it's now just five days to go, and I am doing really well. Since the second diet started, I've lost 7 kg, which is possibly 15 lbs. Very happy about that. Like I said, five days, and I am starting to become really really nervous. But I also can't wait, started to dream about it at night, lol.

It sounds like you have already started your journey already!!!

Well done on the pre op diet. I have to start mine on Monday.

Well I had to do the diet 1 1/2 times, so it's made me lose more weight. Good luck with yours.

Back