• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

saw Dietician today...

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
and this is the outcome...

Overall she thinks my eating is fine but wants me to stick to 1500 calories a day, with 60 minutes exercise a day to the level where I could still hold a conversation.

But it has been agreed that because I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, perimenopause, IBS and diabetes that this combination could be affecting the speed I am losing weight. So it looks like my journey may be slower...

Good thing I lost 2.2kg since I saw my consultant 2 months ago, so weight loss slow but still heading down.

I was also told I was definitely not drinking enough and to up my intake at least 3 litres a day. She worked this out with a special equation to do with weight. Apparently dependant on our weight we all have an ideal water intake that will help us burn fat. Its all very technical and it's do do with how your body uses sugar.

Also I have been told to go on a A-Z multivitamin.

So there we go, that was my day :)

I can imagine you feel happier for getting some answers, health problems are so frustrating. Well done on your loss.

Thank you for sharing the advice, I didn't know that water affected a persons diet so dramatically, I need to start increasing my intake. xx

Caz you have done so well to date and I am sure you will get to your goal. I cannot imagine trying to drink 3 litres a day because I really struggle with fluid intake. I hope the suggested change in regime produces the results you want.

tranquil

Hi Caz thanks for letting us know this. The thing about water is very interesting. As for an hour's exercise whilst holding a conversation? Good grief! I can't exercise for a minute AND hold a conversation! There's this little thing I like to do....called BREATHING! :D

Slow but steady eh? You've done so well and I'm sure you're going to get there.
Grace xxx

Good luck Caz... thinking of you and wishing you all the best, as always... love and hugs xxx

Blimey Caz with all the water just running to the loo will be enough exercise ;)

Your dietician is right about the hormonal problems too, my pre op weight gain was almost (bit over eating too :rolleyes:) all down to my issues!

I had a full hysterectomy in April and Im now on HRT - the weight is coming off a bit quicker now despite being almost 2 years out.

Good luck with your regime, I hope it brings you some good losses x x

How you work out what water consumption is right for your body is this...

Take the weight you are now in pounds
Divide by 2

This gives you the fluid ounces you should try to consume.

If you work in mils,

1 fluid ounce = 28 millilitres approx.

How you work out what water consumption is right for your body is this...

Take the weight you are now in pounds
Divide by 2

This gives you the fluid ounces you should try to consume.

If you work in mils,

1 fluid ounce = 28 millilitres approx.

Thanks for this. Now maths is not my strong point but I worked it out to over 4 litres a day for me:eek:. I definitely could not manage this. It has made me think I need to try harder and drink more.

tranquil

It was one of the only points she was very firm about with me.

She said if you are larger you need more.

The 2 litre a day is for the average woman or man in a normal weight range.

I told her 4 litres a day might be a struggle and she said to try 3 to begin with but try to slowly increase it.

It was one of the only points she was very firm about with me.

She said if you are larger you need more.

The 2 litre a day is for the average woman or man in a normal weight range.

I told her 4 litres a day might be a struggle and she said to try 3 to begin with but try to slowly increase it.

This is very interesting. I try and keep sipping as much as I can but I just reach a point when my pouch cannot take any more - then I have to watch the time around fitting in food and sticking to the rules there. I always find if I am drinking more it aids weight loss. I suppose if you are always topped up with fluids you are less likely to snack/pick/graze or even feel hungry.

tranquil

Ty for the info Caz , I worked out I need too drink 4 pints . Which tbh isnt far off what I am drinking now....ty for explaining tho xx

Back