• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scared i am slipping.....

Loooy72

Hi
I am now 5 weeks post band and a week away from my first fill.
I have had a great recovery and lost a stone and 1lb since being banded, but have been very hungry the last few weeks and have now lost the motivation to stay on the wagon.

In the last few days i have had crisps and chocolate, wine and been out for dinner twice.
I am scared that i have lost the will to keep going and am really hoping that having the fill next week will help me pull myself together?
Anyone else felt like this before the first fill??

Claire x

I think it's a common feeling hun but don't panic just yet ! You are going to be living with your band for life (if all stays in good working order) so this is still very early on in your new healthy lifestyle.
Everyone is fine to have a treat now and then so don't beat yourself up over little things.
You will not be perfect at this because no -one could be really! Just do what you can to choose the healthy stuff and fit in some exercise daily (half hour walk will do to start with) and keep that consistant.
What then will happen, is by focusing on the day you are living and taking the pressure off yourself a bit, your good days will be the norm and the odd blip will not ruin anything x

This was me exactly but I knuckled down after putting on a pound, had my first fill Tuesday and when I did my weekly weigh in today have lost 5lbs! Don't beat yourself up over it, you will feel much better after a fill.

Take care

My surgeon and nurses warned me that I may feel like this before the first fill, apparently its quite common that after the swelling goes now that no restiction and boredom with the liquid / mush food can lend this to happen. At least you have identified it, spoken about it and on your way to your fill. A stone lighter is great too! Chin up hon, hopefully the fill will give you the boost you need. hugs BFM x

Back