• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what am i doing to myself

I had to do a food and mood diary pre op. it really helped me start losing weight. I would write what I was going to eat before I are it. By then I would have decided it wasn't worth it. And never being starving and eating until satisfied and not full. And drinking when wanting to snack.

It really all helped me. Good luck chick. I hope you and your band become best friends soon :)

Dont beat yourself up. But a change in lifestyle is necessary. I did however spend one week on holiday 2 months after my op and had a few cocktails. That week I didnt shift any weight even though i went on the hotel treadmill all week. that was a wake up call for me as I'm determined to lose this weight. You deserve support and a healthier body so maybe when you have your first fill it might make things easier. Good luck :)

Food mood diary! I like the sound of that.....I think if we all wrote down our frame of mind at the point of sabotage it would help a lot of us. Fizz pot I hope this works for you and roll on your fill xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

JO28172 said:
Food mood diary! I like the sound of that.....I think if we all wrote down our frame of mind at the point of sabotage it would help a lot of us. Fizz pot I hope this works for you and roll on your fill xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I totally agree. That's why my dietician recommends it. Just the act of acknowledging its boredom making you eat or anger, then writing it down, makes you stop and think I don't need this. And writing the Cals and fat down before eating it. Really all helps xxx

i had my band fitted 3/5/12 with 4ml put in at the time,
i have stuck to about 800/900 cals a day since my op and only lost a 1lb a week, so disappointed,
is there any reason why weightloss is so little? ;) xx

How much weight did you lose on your pre-op diet? Maybe your body is just adjusting. Don't panic, not every week will result in a loss, and it's important to remember that, and not to be disappointed with just one day or one weeks results ... Your ticker says 27lbs gone...no mean feat in my opinion! :)

Try not to be tempted to reduce your calories - it may help to eat more of the healthy band friendly food and combine with exercise and that may boost your losses. Obviously I am not an expert, but that helped me. If you are worried, always speak to your dietician or provider first though x

Last edited:
When I stuck too 800 cals I wasn't losing but I ve upped mine too a 1000 and I'm losing at least a pound every other day , but I do have a very active job xx

active is the key word I think. We need to get active to get shifting and keep it shifting. I only ever had 800 cals ish per day, anymore and it would cripple the loss, but then others I know have had 1200...we are all just so different!

Weight loss post op depends on how much you have messed up your metabolism with yoyo dieting pre op we were told. So now I am not shocked at my weight dripping off and little gains.. As my metabolism was shot already lol

That is so true fuffs. We just have to find what works for us as individuals and hopefully repair some ofthe damage done along the way. Reeducate our minds and bodies:)

flutterby1966 said:
That is so true fuffs. We just have to find what works for us as individuals and hopefully repair some ofthe damage done along the way. Reeducate our minds and bodies:)

Exactly!! It's all about learning, no matter which op you have. The common element of us being human is what makes it similar for all of us x

Got my fill tomorrow, I really hope they give me a good amount and not just 1ml! I have a 14ml band so hoping they give me 5mls at least. I'm a bit anxious, apprehensive any other words beginning with A! I hope they don't tell me off for not losing any :S

Good luck for tomorrow. I can't imagine they would tell you off for not losing, they might just ask how things are going and you can let them know the steps your are taking. Try not to worry, it will be fine x

Hiya Fizzpot, I dont no if this will help you out anyway, but! My sister had the band fitted in August last year. she got the bigger band, and she was the same as you. the first week she was not eating so much. but she thought that was down with been swollen. but weeks after before she started to get her fills. she thought it wasn't working and with her going private she thought she had just wasted a lot of money. But she didn't realize bigger bands need more fills. She has been for 4 fills now so she has had 9 mls put in and she can feel the benefit from it. and she has lost 2 stone in the last 3 weeks. so dont feel disheartened love. it will all fall into place. keep ya chin up x

shelleymarie said:
Good luck for tomorrow. I can't imagine they would tell you off for not losing, they might just ask how things are going and you can let them know the steps your are taking. Try not to worry, it will be fine x

Thank you :) xx

caraline said:
Hiya Fizzpot, I dont no if this will help you out anyway, but! My sister had the band fitted in August last year. she got the bigger band, and she was the same as you. the first week she was not eating so much. but she thought that was down with been swollen. but weeks after before she started to get her fills. she thought it wasn't working and with her going private she thought she had just wasted a lot of money. But she didn't realize bigger bands need more fills. She has been for 4 fills now so she has had 9 mls put in and she can feel the benefit from it. and she has lost 2 stone in the last 3 weeks. so dont feel disheartened love. it will all fall into place. keep ya chin up x

That's really lovely to hear, thank you so much for sharing her experience with me! Im keeping hopeful :) xx

good luck ladies xx

Hey everyone, just had my fill , I have 5mls now. Wanted more but Feeling positive my next is on the 14th June :)

Back