• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scared of getting my hopes up

purple_rain

I'm so desperate for this surgery, my weight has been an issue all my life and I have tried so hard to get it down and maintain it, I know I'm going to be devastated if I don't get the nhs funding as I have no way to go private due to poor credit history.

What am I like hey, its been a week since the doctor refered me and I just want to know the score NOW!! Booo hoooo :cry:xx

I think its because I know I have a "real" chance of being denied the treatment as my bmi is only 35.6 and to be honest I don't know one way or the other if the ailments I have will be considered co morbidities. Thing is I'm stressing myself out so much I'm begining to ruin what I have already achieved. Whatever happens I have to find a way to get this surgery, even if it means going cap in hand to someone lol Thanks for ur reply.xx

i hope you manage to get it xx i wouldn't 've been able to fund my own either , keep those fingers crossed honey xx take care

Thanks angie, Ive been through so much this year psychology because of me weight and I need so much to break the cycle. I got my results of my blood tests answers clear of diabetes and thyroid so wil just have to see wat happens. I did get diagnosed with fatty liver last year and have joint pain but I don't know if this will be enough...like u see fingers crossed.xx

My fingers are crossed for you. I too have just had my doctor apply for funding for me and I am nervous as to whether I will get funding or not.

Fingers crossed for u too daisy. I think i have gotten my head around it this evening and Im not going to let the wait to find out or the weight get on top of me.

Whatever happens i have to accept accept who i am and that my battle with weight will never just go away...no matter how much i wish it wud lol xx

oh hune i know how you feel. My doc wouldnt even refer me,was so fed up. know how you feel, sure hope you get it .finers toes and legs crossed for you!

Wishing you lots of luck hun, fingers crossed that you will get some news soon. All the best x

good luck,personally for me this was the worst bit of my journey,all that waiting x

Thanks for all the replies everyone its good to know i have somewhere to come where people understand how i am feeling as so many others don't.xx

Hi Purple Rain, Good luck with your funding I no I was given no hope through my GP and the NHS and I had a BMI of 46 with serious heart issues in every one of my paternal family and heading that way myself fast and they still would not fun me. I had to pay private I had no option. I hope your post code lottery is a good one for WLS because mine was not!
I think it is rediculous that they want you to be fatter and sicker before they will help you. I think it is a preventative surgery that in the long run helps the NHS by not causing future illnesses from obesity, but there you go way to logical for the government!
Really good luck, you never know (fingers crossed)

I think i am as I've read a few articals lately with my health board wanting to increase the number of bands done becoz of exactly Wat u say...future illnesses caused by current obesity. I must stress i have lost between 5 to 6 stone on my own but my weight keeps fluctuating...i was in the region of 9-10 stone over weight but never in my life have i ever got passed the half way point :-( xx

I'm so desperate for this surgery, my weight has been an issue all my life and I have tried so hard to get it down and maintain it, I know I'm going to be devastated if I don't get the nhs funding as I have no way to go private due to poor credit history.

What am I like hey, its been a week since the doctor refered me and I just want to know the score NOW!! Booo hoooo :cry:xx
hi there, i hope you get the funding, its so hard, and sometimes it feels like a postcode lottery. a little bout me, i was 23 stone. 6ft2 male. blood pressure, and borderline type2 diabetic, and got refused treatment bu lancashire health authority..
it was my only hope, i my job is a driving job with long jours, and little exercise.. my bmi was 44 on refusal..
it is alot of money to fund yourself in todays climate, but ive been very fortunate, to have had help. and im starting the road to recovery after being opped on the 30/7/12.
i really hope you find a successfull outcome

Back