• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting sick of waiting!

Vespa

Hey all,

Don't get me wrong, I am really greatful for getting my band through the NHS and all they have done for me so far. However, originally I was told my op would be done by June, then told July, then told September! I'm about to call the waiting list holder again and I KNOW she's gonna say later still!

I just really want this so much I've been waiting 3 years now!

Sorry guys, rant over :p xxx

Hi Vespa

Big hugs, i know what you mean. I used to get frustrated when i see people have operations in other parts of the country and they didnt have to wait very long ..

Hang on in there :)

Nicky xx

Aww thanks Nicky,

I'm in tears as its gonna be longer as suspected.

I'm been so patient thus far but I'm getting really impatient now. They think I'm very likely to get diabetes while I'm this big and as its in my family and I have insulin resistance. I'm worried I'm gonna get it while waiting for the band along with any other complications.

It's so annoying but, again, i am very greatful xxx

Aww thanks Nicky,

I'm in tears as its gonna be longer as suspected.

I'm been so patient thus far but I'm getting really impatient now. They think I'm very likely to get diabetes while I'm this big and as its in my family and I have insulin resistance. I'm worried I'm gonna get it while waiting for the band along with any other complications.

It's so annoying but, again, i am very greatful xxx
hey vespa, if they cancel you again, it might be worth getting in touch with PALS
Home here the link, good luck x

Hi Caren,

Thanks for the advice. The only thing is, they haven't actually cancelled as I haven't had a date so not sure where I stand! xxx

Hi Caren,

Thanks for the advice. The only thing is, they haven't actually cancelled as I haven't had a date so not sure where I stand! xxx
pals will be very good at answering all your questions, and if they feel that you have been treated unfairly, they will do something about it. Its worth an email, good luck xxx

Vespa said:
Hey all,

Don't get me wrong, I am really greatful for getting my band through the NHS and all they have done for me so far. However, originally I was told my op would be done by June, then told July, then told September! I'm about to call the waiting list holder again and I KNOW she's gonna say later still!

I just really want this so much I've been waiting 3 years now!

Sorry guys, rant over :p xxx

It might help by asking them when your breach date is. This is the date that you should have been treated by and everybody has one. I was advised to ask this by a member on here and it really got things moving for me and highlighted a problem that no one was aware of. If your near your breach date, you will know that you should be treated soon. Hope this may help you, as I fully understand how frustrating it is to kept waiting with no communication from the hospital :)

Hello there, ask them where you are on the list and how many op's a week/month your surgeon does this would give u a rough idea too. I had mine done over 2 years ago and there was a cut off date in whereby should have your op by ask them this also, because if your cut off date ( so to speak) has been and gone it doesnt matter if they have never given you a date you can ask Pals to look into in and I am sure once they get nosing as to why you have not had your op in the time specification I am pretty sure you will get a date........ Wishing you all the best and let us know how you get on - All the best - BD x x

Aww thanks all that's a great help. You've made me feel that I'm reay not alone :) xxx

Thanks for your advice everyone- I'm sure I have made some kind of change as they've given me a date for 31st August! I must have given them a kick up the backside!

Off to Morrisons to get a keg ful of yoghurt now hahaha! xxx

Back