• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scared to eat

ktstar

I had the most horrendous shoulder pain from wind the past 2 nights running that have led me to tears. I have been having blended soup for my evening meal as I am 1 week post op, peppermint tea, windeze and moving don't help. I don't want to live off shakes. Can anyone help?

You should still be on liquids anyway if your only 1 week post op. move about as much as you can. The more you move, the quicker the wind goes. Make sure you have a walk around every two hours. Keep your fluids up and follow the plan your provider has advised you to follow. Don't be scared it will pass and it does get better xx

Oh and take your pain relief regularly, even if your not in pain x

Hi
I think your doing everything right,moving around trying to disperse it,is probely the best cure.
Windeze/deflatine etc was a waste of time for me.
Peppermint tea and a hot water bottle helped for me(and still does after 2 1/2 yrs)
Your only 1 week post op your body may just need more time to rid of the gas used in the operation.
It will pass,just take it slowly when your eating/sipping,don't be afraid of eating as its not good for your body and healing.
You will be fine x

I also had wind pain for the first 2weeks but did find peppermint cordial helped where nothing else did. Maybe you could try this as I know how you feel when the pain gets you to the point of tears.
Crazy Lady

Thank you for all your support, my wind hasn't been as bad today but I have been a busy girl so moving about lots. I tried taking windeze before and after my soup and went for a short walk immediately after eating. I'm back to work tomorrow so I will be constantly on the go. Still getting some pain in my left shoulder which hopefully will settle over the next few day, I have my fingers crossed.

Try taking soluble co-codamol. That got me through the first couple of weeks post op - of course with all the other advise above :) x

Back