• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scottish funding

gillianr2

Hi,

I wondwred if anyone knows what the funding for tummy tucks in Scotland is like? I live in South Lanarkshire. I did ask my dr a couple of years back and he said that I would need an apronectomy or full tt to get rid of my apron but that there never really has been any funding in my area for anything like that, it was left at that. To give some insight, I weighed around 8st 7lb then stopped smoking and gained almost 2 stone and then got pg 3 times in 4 1/2yrs (the last pg being twins) and had to have 3 c-sections. The upshot being that I now weigh over 15st and have a bmi of 39!!

Iam now trying my best to lose the weight and ideally would liketo get downto around 9 1/2 stonewhichwould bring my bmi down to just over 24. My tummy will never go as my muscles are now miles apart and are unfixable so I will need the op. We def can't afford to go private. So does anyone know the "Scottish rules" lol.

Thanks

have you tried in in google it may give so help good luck

I'm Scottish and i've very recently been referred by my GP. I've got my consultation with the surgeon next month.

If anyone has any experience of the Scottish situation i'd love to hear from them. I know so little about the whole process.

hi,
I live in Dumfries and Galloway and have a full TT in a weeks time.
I spoke to my GP in August with zero expectation but was amazed he referred me and the process so far has been straight forward. From app with surgeon, to pre-op, even the timescale, it has all been remarkably fuss free. A bit too good to be true maybe!?
I have scoured the internet for info in Scotland regarding criteria etc and its extremely limited and different in each area. My only thought is an appointment with your GPs to hear directly from them.
I wish you both good luck.:)
xx

Hi Lucy!

I can't believe you only got referred in August and your operation is next week. Congratulations!

I was thinking i'd have to wait something like 18 months but if my experience is even remotely similar to yours then i could be way off.

If your op is next week can i ask when you had your first consultation with the surgeon? What actually happens at the appointment? I've got mines next month.

Ta.

Back