• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scraggy old bird??

Big an Bouncy

I know that losing weight will impact on my life in a big way,better health etc.What if I end up looking like a scraggy old bird?Im 54 soon and nothing will snap back at this age!I can tuck my belly in my pants and cover saggy arms but what about the face!My friend and son think I wont ever be the same!My husband says do whatever makes you happy.Whoever said this was the easy option!!I know everyone gets these nagging doubts.Oh well will just take all the mirrors down!Maz x:8855:

I'm the same age and had my bypass in November. I lost weight from my face first and then my neck, it seems to be working its way down! The skin on my face is slacker than it was, but I am using good moisturisers and foundation so it's not too obvious. I find it helps when I smile as it lifts everything up and stops the dreaded 'hang-dog' jowls!

i'm the 55 and i have droopy jowels now, so god know what i'll look like. I'm going to save up for a face lift i need £4000.
sue

Im 35 and have a bit of a wrinkly neck and more lines now on my face but... its a small price to pay when I have lost 9st 6lbs in the last 19 months.

Just one thing, post op dont bend over any mirrors as it aint a pretty site. Felt like I wanted a face lift when I had done this!!!

well a bit of wrinkles on the face just shows maturity, I am 40 and seeing a difference for the first time in my face but hey it is going to happen any way so i would rather be healthy and going wrinkly than fat unfit and wrinkly. Us ladies have the better side of the deal, we can cover it with make up if we dont like it, men have to put up with it.
As said earlier there are lots of good moistureisers out there and my mother in law swears by oil of olay the tinted one and it does make her skin look smoother and gives it a healthy sun kissed glow. (might try it)

Hmmm it is a risk, I remember when I first saw Fern Britton after losing all her weight with a Lap Band, first think I thought was how much she'd aged. and the only people who say WLS is the easy option are skinny people. lol :D

I think the only answer for me - is GRANNY PANTS That hold it all in, a good bra that holds it all up and a smile that makes people not want to look anywhere else!

I think the only answer for me - is GRANNY PANTS That hold it all in, a good bra that holds it all up and a smile that makes people not want to look anywhere else!
Hahaha Love it. x :)

Whilst living in Cyprus 20 years ago my OH and I met a woman who had lost a huge amount of weight and her face was like a deflated baloon all wrinkled (mind I think the fact that she smoked like a trooper and spent all her time in the sun didn't help!). I was told then that if I ever ended up looking like her after loosing weight he would be off! Straight to buy some moisturiser which I have been using ever since, never bothered before that! So I am hoping that (fingers crossed) my face will survive, the rest of me, well I have discovered that Primark now sell support garments!

Back